How do i send a video via text using 7.8

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i just used the 78er tool to get 7.8, i did not get the firmware. I have a samsung focus under at&t. I tried different settings and even tried a 2 second video and it kept saying file to big. Am i doing something wrong or do i need the firmware. TIA

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You most likely need the firmware, as it may have included the feature to send videos via SMS. I personally never had this problem, since my Lumia 710 was already capable of sending videos with the same method.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the size that is allowed depends on your carrier. I'm with Verizon and if I shoot video in 720p it has to be like 2 seconds or less to be able to send it with MMS. If you shoot the video in a lower quality then you'll be able to send longer videos. Unfortunately there's no way to shoot video in 720p and then compress it down for MMS.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung focus and only been able to send a 1 second video by having the low setting on quality and on vga
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung focus and only been able to send a 1 second video by having the low setting on quality and on vga
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

It must be carrier dependent. With a VGA video I can send up to 6 seconds or so, and with the lowest resolution (QVGA) I can send a video somewhere in the 20-25 second range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes