What benefits does flashing a custom rom give?

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I see there are a lot of threads on XDA about roms and whatnot. But I cannot seem to find anything specific about what do any of these custom roms do. What more can they add to WP7.8?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I see there are a lot of threads on XDA about roms and whatnot. But I cannot seem to find anything specific about what do any of these custom roms do. What more can they add to WP7.8?

This will fully ROOT your device for the most part (depending on the rom), this will allow full registry access. Here is some of the things you CAN do.
1. Unlimited sideloading (sideload apps with out needing for the marketplace lots of home brew stuff that can do very cool stuff)
2. You can customize your phone (Advanced config) and chose from UNLIMITED colors for your tiles.
3. Wi-FI sharing works with out a sharing data plan.

This opens the options for lots of custom apps that devs have created that DONT make it to the marketplace...Like adult apps and other stuff...

I loved having my old HTC Trophy rooted, I had colors that people here could only dream about and I loved that the most...

I created a thread in the Trophy area with how to do it and some of the things about it...

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I searched for some of these apps, but besides Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10 I didn't see anything of worth. I'm ok with the default colors in 7.8 and Wi-Fi sharing isn't a priority. So I guess it's not worth it for me :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon