Nokia Mix Radio after 8.1 update...

HomeyJay

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 will not play or find any music on my sd card after the update. The card is seen in settings and tells you how much free space is available but NMR will simply give a black screen when you choose "my music"

Anyone have any ideas or similar problems?
Card removed, inserted etc, make no difference..

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 will not play or find any music on my sd card after the update. The card is seen in settings and tells you how much free space is available but NMR will simply give a black screen when you choose "my music"

Anyone have any ideas or similar problems?
Card removed, inserted etc, make no difference..

Just to keep you informed I tried the same with the music with my Nokia 1520 and it found the card/music and played them but I get exactly the same with nokia mix radio. Guess Nokia need to update their app.

HomeyJay

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Just a little update, the MS music app will find and play them but not NMR.
Come on Nokia, pull your finger out and get it sorted..

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia MixRadio will flat out not work on my 1520 with 8.1 I can open the app itself, but if I go to My Music it won't load, just sits there then after a few minutes it crashes.

tobolino

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Nokia MixRadio will flat out not work on my 1520 with 8.1 I can open the app itself, but if I go to My Music it won't load, just sits there then after a few minutes it crashes.

Experiencing similar problems, but the app doesn't crash. It just takes an unusual large amount of time to load the music library, but after a little waiting it works. I can only guess, that it has something to do with internal storage/SD-storage

halcyonboy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not related to the SD card... I've noticed on my 920 that after the update my music library takes ages to load in mixradio. I have a fairly small music library installed, but a friend who also has a 920 and updated, his library takes way longer than mine, so there's definitely something that Nokia needs to fix so that MixRadio runs smoothly again. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon! Will be interesting to see how the xbox music player actually stacks up against it once the xbox music player update for 8.1 comes out (bit sucky that the current live version is apparently a beta, from what I've read)...

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
This is a bit off topic, but hopefully someone can chime in. Is there any way to get th NMR live tile to be transparent? I think it looks horrible as it is on my mostly clear start screen.

JigJames

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup, same problem here with my 521. Worked perfectly fine before the update to WP 8.1. Now when I try my music I just get a black loading screen until the app crashes. Interestingly enough, when I ask Cortana to play a track from my SD card she can find it with no problems, and of course xbox music can locate my music too.

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
What are you talking about guys?!?
I went on bus trip right after I got 8.1 dev.prev. (12h trip), and all the time I was listening to my music from sd card flawless with nokia mix radio app...
I have to point out that all my music is id tagged manually by me on pc before copied to sd card. :p

Sent from my RM-846_eu_russia_201

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Because the previous built in music player ran so flawlessly I would always prefer to use that, but since that got absolutely shafted on 8.1 I used Mix Radio for a while, which actually highlighted how good the app had been since a few upgrades, but as has been mentioned it would take a while to load the library so I was kinda caught between two music apps not working particularly well with 8.1?

Well I just had an update to Nokia mix radio today and the library now opens up instantly pretty much as before the 8.1 update so I think I'm going to use this from now on; unless they really sort out the Xbox music app.

But as I said my main reason for using the Xbox music app was because being baked into the OS it ran so quickly and flawlessly, now that it's in theory just another app there's little reason it would be any better to use this over Nokia mix radio. I also prefer the Nokia smiley face headphones on my start screen as opposed to the Xbox headphones.

HomeyJay

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Because the previous built in music player ran so flawlessly I would always prefer to use that, but since that got absolutely shafted on 8.1 I used Mix Radio for a while, which actually highlighted how good the app had been since a few upgrades, but as has been mentioned it would take a while to load the library so I was kinda caught between two music apps not working particularly well with 8.1…

Well I just had an update to Nokia mix radio today and the library now opens up instantly pretty much as before the 8.1 update so I think I'm going to use this from now on; unless they really sort out the Xbox music app.

But as I said my main reason for using the Xbox music app was because being baked into the OS it ran so quickly and flawlessly, now that it's in theory just another app there's little reason it would be any better to use this over Nokia mix radio. I also prefer the Nokia smiley face headphones on my start screen as opposed to the Xbox headphones.

Thanks for this but does this update work with music on external SD cards?

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just hope these Nokia apps continue to get the same attention they used to if they move over as part of the Microsoft acquisition, I would hate for them to go the way of Microsoft updates/care.

That's a good point, is Nokia mix radio staying Nokia (like HERE)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit