Battery life with WP 8.1

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine drained pretty bad in the beginning. However since the last Skype Update its no longer a problem. The phone no longer gets hot either and I get about 1,5 days out of my 820 (with the crummy stock battery). It still drains 9% over night with wifi/gsm off which are about 5% too much imho (7hrs).

cdanieljohn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated to wp8.1, i noticed that the battery drainage happens when you're actually using your phone. I have 10-15% battery drain per hour on heavy/moderate use. When on idle/locked 1-2% only in every 2 hours. I didn't hard reset my phone, but did some tweaks i saw on forums to conserve battery life.

thirdcup

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest, this forum almost scared me away from trying the preview. I went ahead and updated this weekend expecting the worse with battery consumption. However, my battery life on my 1020 seems the same on 8.1 as with 8. Yesterday, I went from 5:45 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on one charge. I used my phone like normal too (I stream music frequently). Anyway, figured I'd share my experience. Glad I updated.

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having battery drain after latest round if Bing/calendar update...my battery used to last 2days n1020 now only lasting 4hrs

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest, this forum almost scared me away from trying the preview. I went ahead and updated this weekend expecting the worse with battery consumption. However, my battery life on my 1020 seems the same on 8.1 as with 8. Yesterday, I went from 5:45 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on one charge. I used my phone like normal too (I stream music frequently). Anyway, figured I'd share my experience. Glad I updated.

Glad you didn't let people put you off, all my phones batteries improved with the 1020 improving the most by about 25% better now than when it was on 8.0 and even then it wasn't too bad.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated to wp8.1, i noticed that the battery drainage happens when you're actually using your phone. I have 10-15% battery drain per hour on heavy/moderate use. When on idle/locked 1-2% only in every 2 hours. I didn't hard reset my phone, but did some tweaks i saw on forums to conserve battery life.
This

If my phone is on the desk with the screen facing down (meaning the screen does not turn on when something arrives) then it is drained like 0.000000000000000001% pero hour (well, I'm exagerating a little bit but you get the idea) BUT when I'. doing something, the battery drains faster. Not super fast but yes, somewhat fast.

Personally, I got better battery life but with a sacrifice. Mail is synched only once every 2 hours and I check whatsapp every 30 mins or so (average, sometimes I stick to it for 15 mins, sometimes I forget about it anc check 1 hour later). It's my personal phone, so no work mail on it (which would mean to synch constantly).

I have not tried 2g but I am not too fond of it. My acquired the phone with a plan and part of the fee is the high speed internet... so not using it makes me feel like I'm wasting my money (just the way I felt when I paid 3 months of World of Warcraft and didn't play hahaha)

Anyways, if you want my advise (I don't know why would you... I'm kinda crazy) leave your non prioritary mail accountos to synch every 2 hours or even leave them to synch manually. Turn off all background apps unless you're really into them (chats, social networks) and check 'em only now and then.

In the end, it all deppends on how you use your phone.
... I think I could have just said that without making this such a huge post hehe. Sorry :p

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I think it's something with the hardware. Since the 920 I have is the first of the flagship line I would expect 8.1 to have some compatibility issues. Maybe Cyan will fix this, maybe it doesn't. If my 920 can only make it 6hours and having to constantly charge, instead of the 24 hours I was getting, then its c-ya 920. I wont have a useless brick draining while idle, that is ridiculous. Those with new phones congrats that 8.1 is peachy keen and perfect for you. It's gotten to a point that my Android on Kit kat is going with me on vacation, while my 920 will sit at home.

io333

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having battery drain after latest round if Bing/calendar update...my battery used to last 2days n1020 now only lasting 4hrs
Here the same with my L920, after that update the phone battery last half, it drains at incredible speed, barely using it drained 30% in an hour. If the applications are the problem maybe a reset can fix it

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I use Nokia 520. After the recent lastest developer 8.1 update, The battery seems to be charging in jet speed and draining in rocket speed, Especially when I use whatsapp. I am just scrolling my pictures in the gallery, and I noticed the charge is down by 4% in just 10min???

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 was in a strange situation the yesterday... I switched to UK to install an app them back to US for Cortana, but somehow it got stuck half way and allowed me to have quiet hour showing and Cortana on the front screen so I presumed all was good... This was first thing in the morning so by the evening I was shocked when I was still showing 50% battery... But when I tried Cortana during the world cup match I realised the region was set wrong...!
Today I got critical battery by 6pm, moderate usage.
I don't see how it can't be Cortana.
I tried the battery drain trick 3 days ago and when I switch regions it sometimes goes to 0% from whatever it was on!... I've reported that in the diagnostics tool...

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Can't remember how many times I have recharged my phone today (a new Lumia 925 with dp 8.1) I have tried every remedy expect for the hard reset can't go through the thought of losing all my music and pics... Please what's your thoughts on this

saibalajisingh

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140630_0001[1].png
This is the problem with my lumia 1020
after updating it to windows 8.1
my phone it self is using the most of my battery and increasing its draing speed
my battery discharge speed increased suddenly one day from 2.34% to 6.93%
every thing in the background task is off.
but after so many unresponsive tries i am posting this
can any body give me some suggestion to solve it

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 71171
This is the problem with my lumia 1020
after updating it to windows 8.1
my phone it self is using the most of my battery and increasing its draing speed
my battery discharge speed increased suddenly one day from 2.34% to 6.93%
every thing in the background task is off.
but after so many unresponsive tries i am posting this
can any body give me some suggestion to solve it

did you make phone call a damn lot in the last three days?

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Just charged overnight to 100% in US region, unplugged and switched to UK and it dropped to 72%...
Any suggestions other than hard reset...? Anyone else had this with region changes? (I've got ?8 to spend on apps by today, hence switching back and forth 😉 )

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Just charged overnight to 100% in US region, unplugged and switched to UK and it dropped to 72%...
Any suggestions other than hard reset...? Anyone else had this with region changes? (I've got ?8 to spend on apps by today, hence switching back and forth �� )
Interesting ! Batter Drain depends on Region too ? If true uffff....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon