My Internet explorer cannot display any page?!?

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

Does anyone have idea why my internet explorer cannot display pages? It said: cannot find page or DNS error.
I tried on every data connection... every other function on phone and application has data connection, store, cortana, everything except internet explorer.

I am on 8.1 developer preview lumia 620.

If you can help me getting this working I will be greatly thankful.

Last edited:

sihaz

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine has stared doing this too on my mobile connection. It's ok on WiFi and all other apps, including the Nokia browser work just fine...

Morash1405

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
i can not open desktop versions sites of facebook, tagged and many more on the internet explorer after the 8.1 update. they used to work fine before.. Please help... says something about javascript

mikepaul85

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my Lumia 1020.

It seems as though everything else went well for me in regards to the 8.1 update, with the exception of this.

Can anyone shed any light on why this might have happened? And a possible fix?

Thank you.

sihaz

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Try to turn off "data sense savings" in IE settings. That fixed it for me.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

That was the first thing I tried. Afraid it's still not working here. Might have to hard reset. It's a shame as everything else is fine...

TJccBR

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I fix it by turning on roaming data, turning off data sense savings, and using manual apn.
Ps. And if you dont use 4g(LTE) put the connection speed at 3g

Last edited:

ah1984

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on Lumia 820. I get the following message:

"Error: Cannot find server DNS error".

All other apps such as WhatsApp, FB etc work fine on cell data, just not IE. It only works when connected to Wifi. Really odd as this doesn't sound like a common issue as there would be much more noise than there is.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
This was one of the many problems I had on my Lumia 928 that appeared after upgrade. A hard reset solved this and many many issues.
Not recommending a hard reset for non-Lumia users, just what solved it for me. Before hard reset, read others experience with your device.

sihaz

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This was one of the many problems I had on my Lumia 928 that appeared after upgrade. A hard reset solved this and many many issues.
Not recommending a hard reset for non-Lumia users, just what solved it for me. Before hard reset, read others experience with your device.

Already tried a hard reset, not made any different sadly...

mikepaul85

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious to know if anyone who has tried the hard reset had any luck with correcting this problem.

I don't want to have to do it, but if it works I might have to.

hemachandar

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
these bastards market a mobile and make us suffer and spend lot of time even for simple things...iam from India and i already begin to campaign not to buy lumia ever in ther life time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes