Lumia 1020 Glance stopped working

michael conklin

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
After upgrading my ATT Lumia 1020 Monday night, Glance was working fine. Last night I noticed it had stopped working at some point. The Glance page under Settings is blank. To be expected as Glance is a Lumia feature and not offically part of 8.1.
The only change I can think of that may have done this is installing the updated Facebook app after my What's New section of my contacts group prompted me to. It said something about being able to change the lock screen.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to get it back? Glance was the one thing that stopped me from upgrading till i read it still worked after the update. Very sad now that it stopped working.

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1020 and the exact same thing happened to me last night. I'm not sure what time or what was going on then as it was working when I put it on the charger and then not working when I woke up. My Glance settings page is also blank and the Glance Background app won't launch and has an error "!Failed to initialize Glance". I checked the store and nothing was updated and I can't think of any setting that I may have changed.

I have a feeling that it is a Windows 8.1 and Nokia firmware issue because the glance notifications haven't been working ever since the update.

ackwok

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I actually have the same problem too, though I don't have a Lumia 1020 -- it's a 920. I noticed that when I palmed over the screen that my glance screen wasn't working/coming on. Then when I went to the glance setting to see if there was something wrong there, the glance settings just appeared as a blank page. It's a bit strange too, considering that when I tried glance last night it was still working.

avdbusse

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem on my 920 with 8.1... However, just went into glance settings now and the following came up...

WP_20140418.png

After restarting the glance settings fully loaded and I could re-set it to display my notifications, seems to work ok now.

I didn't do anything... no reinstalling glance or anything so not really sure where this came from!

michael conklin

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
This is wild! I had to reboot my phone because no native apps would open. After the reboot I noticed Glance is working again and the Glance page under settings is no longer blank.
I looked at the store history and Glance is not in there. Very weird to have Glance gone for 2 days, but very happy to have it back!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital