Internet explorer 11 not currently working on mobile data?

Darren Kent 79

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with ie 11 not working on your cellular data connection? It was working fine on WiFi, now I'm out and about I'm trying to browse and I keep getting page unavailable, nothing works. All my other web activities are working fine though, apps & search etc. Tried a reboot nothing changed. I'm on Tesco (same as O2 network) uk.

Darren Kent 79

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll add, the message that comes up on screen when trying to access is ' cannot find server or DNS error'. What does this mean? This is for every site I've tried except my Tesco mobile login, that works, I can log into my account.
Can anyone suggest anything I can try? Been playing with settings but nothing seems to get it working. I'm going to ask when I'm in my local store this weekend, but not sure what they'll say because I upgraded to 8.1.

ah1984

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on Lumia 820. I get the following message:

"Error: Cannot find server DNS error".

All other apps such as WhatsApp, FB etc work fine on cell data, just not IE. It only works when connected to Wifi. Really odd as this doesn't sound like a common issue as there would be much more noise than there is.

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Not having issue using IE11 on my networks data or Wifi.
And it is weird why it works that way on your device.
Have you tried using different sim just to try, or try your sim to different device.
kindly check your APN settings.

:amaze:

grmjdavis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like this issue http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/275354-warning-hard-reset-after-8-1-may-screw-your-service-sprint-ativ-s-neo.html

There are a few threads out there where folks with CDMA phones have done a hard reset after installing the preview and then not having access to mobile data. It looks like the APN settings get wiped out. If you can find the APN settings for your carrier on the web you may be able to fix the issue. If not, you may be stuck either flashing back to WP 8 if that option is available, or waiting for an official release from your carrier.

ah1984

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have managed to sort the issue out for my 820. Basically I manually added the APN settings from the talktalk website. Go to settings, access point and then add. This should work.

sihaz

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have managed to sort the issue out for my 820. Basically I manually added the APN settings from the talktalk website. Go to settings, access point and then add. This should work.

hi - glad that worked for you. sadly the OP and myself on Tesco are having a slightly different problem. our APN settings are set up correctly and all data services work as they should with the sole exception of ie11. I even set the apn up manually just in case but with the same result. it's possible a problem with Tesco but i'm out of ideas as to what else to try. might have to downgrade but i'd rather not :-(

kikoeightone

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Tesco and having very same issue. Any one had any joy? I use apps more than IE when out and about but still.. Don't know if contacting Tesco support would do any good as its 8.1..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon