No other apps in notification+action centre other than WhatsApp?

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Only WhatsApp and other system apps appear in notification+action centre, why not others like facebook, wpcentral, Skype, viber etc?

I can confirm that not all of the apps appear there, maybe developers have got to do some work? I don't know. Currently, the action center is wrecked.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think they have to push a notification first before they pop up there
when I turned on WPCentral's notification, it didn't appear in the list until later

hawaiilumia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
How come dude
Every single notification is handled in the action center.
I have facebook, WhatsApp and more, even u can change sound notifications for each one.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Only WhatsApp and other system apps appear in notification+action centre, why not others like facebook, wpcentral, Skype, viber etc?

Did you integrate your facebook app with your phone? can only be done in the consumer version, not in the beta. I believe for skype, they have to update the app to an 8.1 version before notifications can work

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Firstly you all need to activate push notification in the respective app settings. Secondly all apps are not free hence premium versions may include notification options. Thirdly all apps in the store are not customized for 8.1 yet so they need to update their apps. Fourthly the notification centre is in preview. We must wait for official 8.1 and other carrier and firmware updates.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I think they have to push a notification first before they pop up there
when I turned on WPCentral's notification, it didn't appear in the list until later

You are right, the app needs to push a notification before notification center can show notifications for the app.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

romancos

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
You are right, the app needs to push a notification before notification center can show notifications for the app.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

Same here. App appears in the list after it send at least one push notification. Then you can select sounds and other option for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes