805a0194 with Windows Phone 8.1 and App Store?

Ken Kilty

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, today I started receiving an error message using Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview while trying to access the app store:

"There is a problem completing your request. Try again later. Inquiring minds may find this error code helpful: 805a0194"

The impact is that I cannot install new apps either through the App Store app or via a browser sending an app install to my phone (Lumia 925). Everything was working great until today. :) Curious if others are seeing this problem post 8.1 upgrade. I have tried rebooting, using cellular only, using WiFi only, removing wallet entries and re-adding them to no avail. Any suggestions are appreciated!

-Ken

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There was a problem like this in the beginning :) A lot of user couldn't access the store, but since then the problem was solved.. Just hang on for a day :)
Oh and usually these codes mean the connection is weak

Ken Kilty

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey just to close this out the issue did resolve itself partially after about 48 hours. I still get this error from time to time and I have triaged it down to issues accessing the Windows Phone Store when I am connected via Wifi. Either toggling Wifi or outright disabling always allows new downloads or updates to proceed. I have a gut feel that some sort of bandwidth or link quality detection logic on WiFi might not be working entirely correctly with Dev Preview 8.1 on the Lumia 925. Anyway the workaround to cellular only or toggling WiFi on and off resolves the intermittent case of this error.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey just to close this out the issue did resolve itself partially after about 48 hours. I still get this error from time to time and I have triaged it down to issues accessing the Windows Phone Store when I am connected via Wifi. Either toggling Wifi or outright disabling always allows new downloads or updates to proceed. I have a gut feel that some sort of bandwidth or link quality detection logic on WiFi might not be working entirely correctly with Dev Preview 8.1 on the Lumia 925. Anyway the workaround to cellular only or toggling WiFi on and off resolves the intermittent case of this error.

Yes there was some kind of problem with Wifi connections.. Someone explained it in a different thread.. Can't remember which one, but if I come across it again I'll ad the link

edi aan

May 16, 2014
Visit site
so its mean we have to use cellular data instead of wifi to access the store? my 1520 also has the same error.... i even can't download one apps...always error....anybody can help?????

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally killed my 930 nut just bought another one and I have run into this code during the restore process.
I've tried WiFi and cellular connections and it won't pass.

Anybody ever get to the bottom of it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa