Status bar customization?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. Is there a hidden setting that allows you to customize your status bar? As in, the color? I thought I remembered watching a video and there was a setting that let you set it as "match background," "always black," or accent color. Could it be that that's only for phones with the virtual keys?

It just bothers me to see a black status bar on an app like, say Instagram, where the top of the app is blue. Is it up to developers to make their apps cleaner/more appealing? Or am I overlooking this setting? I just want really nice looking apps like iOS.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
The settings you are talking about, they're not for the status bar. It's for the virtual keys. Only on devices without hardware keys.

Regarding the staus bar, it's up to the dev what colour they give. Check out Owl Reader (Pocket Client) for some of the best colour customizations ever.

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's all upto developers , for instance if you open onedrive , status bar changes to cobalt(blue) , bing health and fitness (light blue) , Facebook uses light grey colour

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I see. Thanks for the answers! I hope more developers will start using a more appropriate color for their apps. The Facebook status bar should be blue not gray!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I see. Thanks for the answers! I hope more developers will start using a more appropriate color for their apps. The Facebook status bar should be blue not gray!

True , I wonder why they opted grey for Facebook ,theme is blue on all major platforms (consider the logo itself is blue ) :smile:

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon