Sigh... I can't sort out how I want my home screen to look.

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is one of those things that would prompt several of my acquaintances to say "#firstworldproblems", but since the new home screen options debuted in 8.1 Preview, I can't figure out what to do with my home screen. Perhaps some of you can offer input? :)

I don't have a lot of apps installed, most of what I use is the core system apps. That said, here's my most used apps in order:

1. Facebook
2. Messaging
3. Personal (a combined inbox of my personal e-mail accounts)
4. Work (my work e-mail)
5. People
6. Phone
7. Blood Pressure Pro
8. Package Tracker

The other apps I use enough to keep pinned to the home screen:

Authenticator
Calculator
Calendar
Internet Explorer
Music
Pandora
Photos
Store
Tip Calculator
USA Today
wellNeZTed
and the Xfinity TV Remote

A lot of these apps don't have transparent tiles, but I use the wallpaper with the leaf in the water (in case it matters). Since I don't use a lot of apps (really, there aren't many more installed beyond that list) - using the condensed tile layout doesn't make much since as it might leave a lot of room past 1/2 or 3/4 of the screen, which would bug me.

Perhaps I"m the only one with this type of OCD, perhaps not. Anyone have any layout suggestions, thoughts, opinions? This is the type of situation that drives me to want to try new apps, but I never end up using them, or can't find something I like. For example, when Microsoft removed the integration of Pandora with "Music" that took up another tile.... irritating. App folders and I just don't get along, or I'd use those.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Thanks in advance! :)

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just keep my phone icons on top and the rest the way I feel. I have moved them around, shrunk some, enlarged some. Will I change it again? I probably will, because I can't seem to be satisfied with it looking the same all the time. Here is what mine looks like now. Tomorrow? Well that may be a different story. LOL

wp_ss_20140520_0001.jpg

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have my call apps and people up top. Second line I have minimized eBay, amazon, Craigslist apps. Then weaver news app in middle, battery sence on right. Then I have tasks app to left, weather in center, wp8.1 battery app to right. Pretty much I keep everything else I use in viewable screen ( no scrolling needed). Then when I download a new app I immediately pin it so I don't forget to try it out. And if I don't like it,, I delete it immediately. I would group your similar tiles that you don't need info updates ( such as music) in smallest for together in blocks.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I will only pin transparent tiles on my home screen. If an app I need on my home screen doesn't have a transparent tile, I'll find a way to incorporate it into one of my folders using the Nokia folder app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon