Still facing battery problems in wp 8.1 even after latest update

Eshaan Agrawal

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Helloo.
So I am having lumia 720 and I am still facing some unresolved battery problems.
All other things work fine but i am not at all satisfied with the battery even after the latest update to wp 8.1.
I only use mobile data(3G) and use whatsapp a little and a little surfing on internet explorer. even then my 2000mah battery cant hold power for a full day.
i keep brightness on automatic. Even at night battery dips down by 10% even when battery saver is activated.
I have deactivated background running of each and every app.(even whatsapp now)
Back with 8.0, Battery worked excellent giving 1.5 Days backup with moderate usage. But now on light usage, :unhappysweat::unhappysweat:
Is this only with me?? Is it a bug or my battery is seriously Faulty? Or maybe is it because the whatsapp or internet explorer.
Help me out please.

Lackooo

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Do a phone hard reset, and a full battery drain (phone switch off by itself). Maybe your battery/charge controller is uncalibrated, and the battery doesn't get a full charge. I had the same problem, and it's fixed now. Oh, and do NOT install battery pro+ application ever....

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. It is better after the update but I can only last about 18 hours with moderate use... lumia 1020 yet..

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Helloo.
So I am having lumia 720 and I am still facing some unresolved battery problems.
All other things work fine but i am not at all satisfied with the battery even after the latest update to wp 8.1.
I only use mobile data(3G) and use whatsapp a little and a little surfing on internet explorer. even then my 2000mah battery cant hold power for a full day.
i keep brightness on automatic. Even at night battery dips down by 10% even when battery saver is activated.
I have deactivated background running of each and every app.(even whatsapp now)
Back with 8.0, Battery worked excellent giving 1.5 Days backup with moderate usage. But now on light usage, :unhappysweat::unhappysweat:
Is this only with me?? Is it a bug or my battery is seriously Faulty? Or maybe is it because the whatsapp or internet explorer.
Help me out please.

Facing the same problem on 820..tried hard reset but noticed no change

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here with a 928. If I don't use the phone, the battery is almost magically untouched. I tested that last weekend- took the phone off the charger Saturday, 8am. Went to bed at midnight, and the battery level was at about 58%. Woke up on Sunday and it was down to 56%. Pretty incredible!

Using the phone, though? And I'm NO power user... this morning my phone was off the charger at 7:30am. I made 2 <5min calls, set a location based reminder, and right now at 10:30am my battery is down to 84%. If today goes like most days, I'll be down to 40% before I leave at 4:30pm and I'll have to put it on the charger by 9pm or it'll die.

Before 8.1, I was able to get 30 hours with a decent amount of usage. Now, every time I touch the phone, I lose %. It's difficult to make it through the day if I have to use the phone for anything.

Ridiculous. :(

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes its true a hard reset is required after software update... I just hard reset my lumia 1020 and getting decent battery life. thou it has just done 2 charges after reset. wil let u guys know after a week of battery cycle I guess. thou I agree that when phone is use it drains faster than windows 8...iam sure more fixes are on its way and nokia cyan will arrive as well

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Really? A total wipe and reinstall of everything? Ugh!

Can you tell me how you do that, AFTER telling the phone to wipe itself? Do you have to go in and redo all of your accounts, settings, install programs, etc?

​I guess it IS a long weekend coming up... :\

Lackooo

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Just do a backup to cloud, it's save your phone settings, downloaded applications (phone will download then reinstall them automatically), saved accounts (needs input just passwords again), and now in 8.1 start screen tiles. U can backup all your sms too.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the tip.

Having trouble with that, too, however! When I look at the backup panel, it says that the phone was last backed up "about three weeks ago." I tell it to do one now, and it gets to 96%, sits there for a full minute, and then fails with the message "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later."

I've tried about 15 times this morning. I guess I'll go off in search of what causes THIS problem now... :(

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Deleting my old backup makes me really nervous. Is there a way to backup that backup? I am looking around on OneDrive, but not seeing anything there.

​Definitely on wifi. Even turned of cell data for a few of my earlier attempts.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I just did a hard reset on my 928 after the second update to 8.1 will see if that improves my battery at all.

I was getting roughly 6-7 hours moderate use. Maybe 3-4 hours with music playing

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Lackooo

May 19, 2014
Visit site
It's very important to turn off wifi sense! It uses a lot of juice in the background. Forgot to tell at the beginning. :)

Lackooo

May 19, 2014
Visit site
If still doesn't work, try switch on/off backup option, or try a soft reset (hold volume down while switch on the phone).

Eshaan Agrawal

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I even reverted back to w8 just to ckeck my battery problem.and it worked absolutely fine.
Lets hope that when microsoft releases its official version on june 24, this will be resolved.
And btw, i did hard reset twice,that dint help. Even did complete battery cycle charge, and again not yet satisfied. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos