Podcasts App -- How to add archived episodes?

caresrg

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me, I'm somewhat of a podcast newbie. I've been listening to a few of them occasionally for years, but I have no idea how to do what I'm trying to do now.

I've recently got my daughter watching Game of Thrones, and we're heading out on a road trip next weekend during which we'd like to listen to the Cast of Kings podcast starting from its first episode. The first several episodes have been archived from the podcast feed, but they are still available to download. I tried downloading the first one and copied it into the Phone -> Music -> Podcasts -> A Cast of Kings - A Game of Thrones Podcast folder. Even after rebooting my phone, the Podcasts app doesn't list the episode, presumably because it's not in the feed list.

Is there any way to load these episodes into the app? Obviously I'd rather not use the Music app, because I want it to remember our place even if we do break out some tunes in between episodes. Or is there another app entirely I should be using for this? Does Podcast Lounge or Podcatcher work well with downloaded mp3's?

Thanks!

caresrg

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Though I haven't figured out how to add these episodes to the podcast, or even to get them into the Podcasts app (and I'd love to figure that out someday), in the meantime it looks like Digital Audio Book will play these mp3's back and allow us to create bookmarks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon