Camera does not launch on HTC 8X

stanrogo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just today out of no where when I try to launch the camera, or any camera application like 6snap or blink lens, the camera or app will simply not launch. This has come out of the blue. I've tried soft resets and hard resets to no avail.

I can't give anymore details since this has literally randomly stopped working?

Despite this lack of info - does anyone know what to do?

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Just today out of no where when I try to launch the camera, or any camera application like 6snap or blink lens, the camera or app will simply not launch. This has come out of the blue. I've tried soft resets and hard resets to no avail.

I can't give anymore details since this has literally randomly stopped working?

Despite this lack of info - does anyone know what to do?

Sounds very weird. Even after hard reset? For how many months you've been using your phone?

stanrogo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had it for one and a half years now. I updated to 8.1 when the Dev preview came out. So yep - it is very weird all of a sudden.

stanrogo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
As an update - it seems that camera related apps in the store also hang when loading. So I can't even install apps like proshot

stanrogo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok. This thread can be closed. After doing 3 hard resets and 10 soft resets at various stages - the camera is back. I don't know what happened but it would be awful if someone else was to experience this.

Aaaannnd... it doesn't work again. What on earth is going on?!

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm I've had this same problem on my 620. I think you need to do a hoc factory reset. I know there was a tutorial of how to do it somewhere. Keep in mind that this is not Microsoft's fault. They did warn you about the problems that the dev preview can bring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon