Apps that show Notifications in Action Center?

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Greetings! Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is there a list of actual working apps that show notifications in the 8.1 Action Center?

When I go into settings - notifications+actions I currently I have Facebook, my e-mails, Messaging, Phone, Store, and WPCentral all turned on to receive notifications in my Action Center. These have been working and no issues with them.

My question is what other apps will work for notifications in Action Center? Previously in WP 8 I used to get breaking news toast notifications from the NBC News app and severe weather alert toast notifications from The Weather Channel app. However in 8.1, these apps no longer show me any notifications. I have gone in to the settings of both apps and turned on show notifications, but I don't receive any notifications. Does anyone have these apps and can confirm if you are getting notifications showing in the Action Center?

Also, does anyone know of any good news or weather apps that show Action Center notifications? I know Cortana can but I leave her and Location disabled to conserve battery and I've heard that there have been issues pinning Cortana's Live Tile, so I have not tried that.

Thanks.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There is a long list , apps that send push notifications (for instance whatsapp , some weather apps , Bing news , etc. ) are shown under action + notification centre.) If you received a notification once from an app it will immediately show up in action + notification panel :smile:

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. That's the problem. I have seen notifications from NBC News and The Weather Channel apps before and now in 8.1 I never see anything from those. Actually since yesterday I am now having a lot of issues with the WPCentral app and now no longer seeing any notifications from them either. I don't know what's going on. Guess it's time for another reboot. :straight:

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok this is weird. Last night I tried enabling Cortana, so I turned on location, allowed Cortana to run in the background, and pinned the live tile to the start screen so I could get news and weather notifications from Cortana. I guess by doing that I no longer got any new notifications from WPCentral app. And there were several new stories this morning which my WPCentral app did not show me in Action Center or on the live tile. And Quiet Hours was not on. So I went back to disabling everything for Cortana and now I got a notification from WPCentral app.

Not sure why this is happening. Pretty much the first bug I've noticed using the WP 8.1 preview.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok this is weird. Last night I tried enabling Cortana, so I turned on location, allowed Cortana to run in the background, and pinned the live tile to the start screen so I could get news and weather notifications from Cortana. I guess by doing that I no longer got any new notifications from WPCentral app. And there were several new stories this morning which my WPCentral app did not show me in Action Center or on the live tile. And Quiet Hours was not on. So I went back to disabling everything for Cortana and now I got a notification from WPCentral app.

Not sure why this is happening. Pretty much the first bug I've noticed using the WP 8.1 preview.

strange , try re-installing the app from windows phone store :)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I think the WPC app had some issues with notifications late yesterday for some people. They tweeted about it. Probably just coincidence in terms of the timing. Try it again and see if that happens again.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the WPC app had some issues with notifications late yesterday for some people. They tweeted about it. Probably just coincidence in terms of the timing. Try it again and see if that happens again.

Strange. Somehow I missed their tweet about the issues. Anyway everything is back to normal now. I did not have to re-install the WPCentral app. And I am now using Cortana again with the live tile for news and weather, and getting all my notifications. No issues.

Thanks! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit