Cell Connectivity & WiFi Connectivity w/ WP8.1

mindfrost82

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I've been having all sorts of connectivity issues with the Windows Phone 8.1 Developers Preview on my Nokia Lumia 1520. With WiFi, it'll randomly say I have limited connectivity with no internet, even though everything else connected to WiFi still works.

With the cell connectivity, it'll randomly lose internet as well. Usually happens while driving and switching towers. It looks like its connected, even LTE with full bars, but I can't send text messages or get on the internet until I either reboot the phone or turn on airplane mode to reset the connection.

I know we're waiting on the Cyan firmware update. Has anyone else had these issues or a fix?

vnshngsn

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing. I've been on the 8.1 dev preview since it came out, with no problems. This just started ocurring for me this week, and I *think* I can trace it back to a Lumia Black Update (v 1.4.0.1) that I installed on 5/26/14. Prior to this, everything seemed great, but now I get the connectivity issue (I can't even join a 2.4 GHz 802.11n network any longer, and when I join the 5GHz network it is very flaky, often reported limited connectivity or simply failing to connect.

A soft boot fixes it, but I'm having to do this 3-4 times a day currently. There are also times when my screen / phone becomes entirely unresponsive to anything (when I unlock the screen it just sits there saying "resuming" but nothing happens so I end up soft-booting for that as well).

OP, can you check your history and see if you installed the Lumia Black Update as well?

mindfrost82

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the Black update as well but I don't remember when I installed the latest update for it. It's been happening for a week or two for me too and I've had 8.1 since release date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes