apps not working after updating wp8.1 dev preview today

adil.mayank

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I installed the update, the ask the steps were done properly, I got to my app list, where it was written INSTALLING under some apps, when that INSTALLING disappeared, I tried to open to app, but now it says this app can't be opened, an update may be available for this app on store.
Plz help with this otherwise I have to reinstall all the apps.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The thing is these certain apps need update to work correctly with wp8.1 ...so all you have to do I go to store > settings> check for updates then update all apps requiring update

adil.mayank

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
​thnx for the reply....all of the apps were already working on the previous version on wp8.1 dev preview....in addition of this im getting no such app updates in the store

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hope this helps. I had the same thing with many of my apps till I realized the settings prevented the phone from updating/downloading apps unless on wifi. Since I was on my way home I didn't change the settings. When i got WiFi signal everything updated and everything worked. That setting can be changed. Probably not your issue but hopefully its that simple.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yea...maybe.... With that you have no other option then performing a hard reset. Actually you are not the only one facing serious issues after the update. The new update brought fixes for existing bugs and itself gave invitation to new bugs so hard reset is only one thing I would suggest as for now

adil.mayank

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Haha...its just m being respectful....but please if you can, find another way to get those app back on.....plus my display, extra info, audio setting are not working too....ive some essential information in some apps...should I wait for another update, like cyan?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Here are some things I would like you to try out....
1 go to storage sense select phone or SD card (wherever you have stored your app s) > apps and games > select apps and transfer app important apps to SD card. By doing this all your apps and game data will be moved to your SD card except the system apps. Now you can perform a hard reset. Settings > about phone > reset option > dont tick the erase SD cards option. Best of luck with it.

adil.mayank

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I posted to that link...thnx mr. Banarjee...but I think I should wait for another update so that my bugs get fixed....till then I've reinstalled some normal apps which didn't contain any imp info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes