Mp4 music downloaded from Nokia mixradio is no longer detected as an audio file

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
My moms Lumia 620 used to show mp4 files (the file type in windows explorer is mp4 video, but its actually an audio file) in the music hub, and could play the songs without any issue. These songs are legally downloaded from Nokia mix radio.

After the 8.1 update, when I added the songs using the share charm to send music from a win 8.1 laptop to her phone through the music app on the laptop, the mp4 files were sent to the video hub. I couldn't see them in the music app on WP.

When I shifted the files to the music folder on her phone using windows explorer, they were still not detected in the music hub.

As a consequence, i can't make a playlist of a mix of mp3 and mp4 files, even though the mp4 is all audio.

Older mp4 video (but actually audio) files that were on her phone before the update are still available in the music hub.

Is there a solution other than converting the mp4 to mp3? I don't want to do that because mp4 takes up less space.

Thanks.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Also, when transferring via Bluetooth from another windows phone, the files are correctly indexed in the music app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills