Do NOT download the Calendar update

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
There is a workaround for the time being. This is from the comment section of the front page article. This works, I tried it.

PaulKinslow1 says:

Add an event by tapping on a time slot in "day" view and add it that way. To avoid the crash, avoid hitting the + symbol until they get this fixed.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I found trying to edit an entry crashed it as well and I deleted one but it still reminded me afterwards despite going in the bin.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Didn't download, thankfully. As soon as I read the post and some comments, I decided immediately not to update. It's just a number on my store tile, right now.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It's sad that something so obvious got past QA, but the workaround is very easy and functional in the meantime.

Using the plus sign on my Lumia Icon also crashed Calendar (but not the phone) while adding an item from the 1 day view works like a champ.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You try making an app and making sure it is perfect. What's really going on? Probably one single digit is off and because of that, it's trying to find something that isn't there and crashing. Yeah, a single digit is probably causing us all issues, we're only human, sorry folks. Heck, maybe this is the wrong version that got uploaded, happened before on a game when it was first released (they released a beta version, not the true release, again, only human). Give Microsoft a little bit of a break, probably a day, and let them figure it out.
Good luck Microsoft!

Professional programmer here. I won't/can't give MS a break on this one. It's completely unacceptable. At my job, every piece of code of code I write gets tested and verified by our QA team or it doesn't go out to where consumers can use it and I have to fix it. I've written WP apps and submitted them to the store. There they are tested by the QA team at MS and if the app fails one of the tests, it is rejected and I am notified. I get that programmers make errors. I've made hundreds, if not thousands of similar ones in my career. QA is not perfect (nobody is) and some bugs always make it past, but they usually catches the obvious ones. An app crashing if you hit one of the main buttons on the home screen is a REALLY obvious one that should have gotten caught in QA at MS or in the store approval process. This is shockingly amateur.

joanzen

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I have an Icon running the DP and cannot add any new calendar entries. I tried the Native app, as well as Simple Calendar and Cal. Nothing works. I did add entries via outlook.com and they were sync'd to my phone, however.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
i've never added appointments to the directly to the native calendar, but I do from appointile. Then I have the appointile live time open direclty to the native app, so the update doesn't effect me. What I have noticed is you can use Cortana to upload appointments and it shouldn't crash. I also noticed that as far as the weather for each day, it appears much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon