Windows 8.1 available now for most devices - Email from MS

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email from MS telling me WP8.1 is now available for most devices, recommending I should download it, though some carriers are still testing. I have an unlocked/unbranded carrier free 820 in the UK (on 8.1 prev.) but the official update page says still testing for almost everything and nothing shows when I update my phone.

What gives? What are these 'most devices' MS is talking about?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got an email from MS telling me WP8.1 is now available for most devices, recommending I should download it, though some carriers are still testing. I have an unlocked/unbranded carrier free 820 in the UK (on 8.1 prev.) but the official update page says still testing for almost everything and nothing shows when I update my phone.

What gives? What are these 'most devices' MS is talking about?

I found that page can tell porkies... when Black was released my 620 got it a couple of days before the page got updated.

Also, MS have blocked people on Preview from updating to Cyan for the time being because of the Bitlocker issue (despite the fact it actually affects only a small portion of 8.1 users), it's easier to flip the off switch for all devices, rather than individual devices. There was an article on here about it yesterday, and it mentioned that if people on the preview didn't want to wait, they would basically have to downgrade to 8.0 via the retail recovery tool, and upgrade to Cyan that way. Only alternative is waiting until MS remove the block for Preview users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99