MS pissed me off today

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Early this year MS released the best office application to the world but for the surprise of many It wasn't for W8/8.1 it was for the iPad. The reactions positive and negative [more] didn't wait a second to be all over the tech word. I was kind of worry about this and wanted to know the facts before I speak about it. And at the end it made sense for me why MS did it. There are more iPad than W8 tablets in the market and lots of businesses are using the tablet and MS was missing that business I got that and many as well, plus MS is "still" working in a better version for W8/8.1 or 9.

But todays decision of releasing better version of the OneDrive app for Android really pissed me off. Why MS? Why are you keep pushing many to other mobile OS? How am I convince my friends using Android to come to WP if they have a better version of every app you released? Look I wouldn't be so pissed if the iPhone would have the app first, it would have been a continuation to the iPad release. But for Android when it have been shown that Android users are cheap [they don't like to spend] & Google is giving you so hard time.

Let's be clear here, MS isn't just one of the richest company in the planet; they are one of the biggest developers of the planet. If one of the biggest and owner of the WP doesn't release and/or update its apps to WP, why would the smaller developer do it? I don't get it. I will wait for WP 8.1 GDR 2 or whatever it is and see what's going on with 'threshold' I don't' want to consider other mobile OS but MS just keep pushing and pushing.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Early this year MS released the best office application to the world but for the surprise of many It wasn't for W8/8.1 it was for the iPad. The reactions positive and negative [more] didn't wait a second to be all over the tech word. I was kind of worry about this and wanted to know the facts before I speak about it. And at the end it made sense for me why MS did it. There are more iPad than W8 tablets in the market and lots of businesses are using the tablet and MS was missing that business I got that and many as well, plus MS is "still" working in a better version for W8/8.1 or 9.

But todays decision of releasing better version of the OneDrive app for Android really pissed me off. Why MS? Why are you keep pushing many to other mobile OS? How am I convince my friends using Android to come to WP if they have a better version of every app you released? Look I wouldn't be so pissed if the iPhone would have the app first, it would have been a continuation to the iPad release. But for Android when it have been shown that Android users are cheap [they don't like to spend] & Google is giving you so hard time.

Let's be clear here, MS isn't just one of the richest company in the planet; they are one of the biggest developers of the planet. If one of the biggest and owner of the WP doesn't release and/or update its apps to WP, why would the smaller developer do it? I don't get it. I will wait for WP 8.1 GDR 2 or whatever it is and see what's going on with 'threshold' I don't' want to consider other mobile OS but MS just keep pushing and pushing.
Whats wrong with iOS. Everything just works. And you can do anything on android. These devices handle everyday tasks easily. And don't have problems with apps like calendars and music. You always get the new apps. Best if all, you don't get trolled on because the os is owned by a well respected company. Why not consider another platform? Salmanahmad can tell you all about his glorious android OS. Im using my iPad to type this right now and i'm loving it. No stupid crashing apps. No need to rely on alternatives. Everything works fine. Considering other platforms is a great choice. Why should you buy a windows phone over android or iphone anyway? Even most of the microsoft employees don't use windows phone. That says something.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

The sad truth is that microsoft made a solid smartphone os, but microsoft can't even treat its users right. Releasing office on iPad before updating it for your own platform? It does make sense because of marketshare but you aren't treating the users who payed for your platform correctly. It should be windows first. Always. But then again microsoft aren't google, who actually know what they are doing when they release their apps on other platforms. The google app has more functionality on android than and it was released on android first. That's the example microsoft need to follow.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
But todays decision of releasing better version of the OneDrive app for Android really pissed me off. Why MS? Why are you keep pushing many to other mobile OS? How am I convince my friends using Android to come to WP if they have a better version of every app you released?

Actually, this isn't quite the way you make it sound. There are 2 OneDrive services, the personal one and the business one. All 3 platforms have a OneDrive app, but Windows Phone users have been able to access OneDrive for Business files through the Office Hub since the beginning. iPhone users have a separate OneDrive for Business app. However, Android users didn't have an app to access OneDrive for Business until now. Microsoft made a decision to combine the apps and because Android didn't previously have a business one, it made sense to release it on Android first. Windows Phone and iOS will get the updates soon as well.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Whats wrong with iOS. Everything just works. And you can do anything on android. These devices handle everyday tasks easily. And don't have problems with apps like calendars and music. You always get the new apps. Best if all, you don't get trolled on because the os is owned by a well respected company. Why not consider another platform? Salmanahmad can tell you all about his glorious android OS. Im using my iPad to type this right now and i'm loving it. No stupid crashing apps. No need to rely on alternatives. Everything works fine. Considering other platforms is a great choice. Why should you buy a windows phone over android or iphone anyway? Even most of the microsoft employees don't use windows phone. That says something.
I used Android in the past, tried the iPhone and didn't like it so is not that I've been stock with WP. I like the platform but MS is starting to **** me off more often than before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism