Phone Update asking me to downgrade - wtf?

doben

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So I've got the 930, I am enrolled in the DP program. Currently I have WP8.1 Update and Cyan (I bought it with Cyan preinstalled) running, including brightness sliders and folders.
My current OS version is 8.10.14176.243, which I believe is the latest release.

But yesterday my phone prompted me to install an update and I realised, that the update it wanted to install is version 8.1014157.200

Windows Phone 8.1(8.10.14157.200) - We've made some improvements to Windows Phone : Create folders on your start screen to keep apps organized, select multiple text messages and forward them as one, and more Lumia Update for Windows Phone.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on and what I'm supposed to do now? The "update" is already downloaded and ready to install.
Are all updates up to the latest and greatest available for my 930, so that even if I install this one that the others will pop up right afterwards?
But why should I even downgrade to update to the same version I am already on?

Has anybody else had this problem?

Help!? :unhappysweat:

Eragon987

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Damn it, the same thing happened to me and I didn't realize it till now!

Even after updating to Cyan on my Lumia 620, I had an update waiting for me which said 'New features in this update: Live Folders, Forwarding multiple messages and much more.'
I wondered why it was asking me to install something which already had.

But anyways, I installed it. Now when I check my OS revision number, it says 8.10.14176.243
So I guess no probs installing it, though I can't guarantee you.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like you got the official WP 8.1 update 1. Remember update 1 was previously only available via the dev preview and that was recently updated to fix the bitlocker bug, that's why its a later version than the update prompted.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

doben

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
so it makes sense to update and follow through to the latest.update, in the hope that it all works well?
i didn't come across a path like that in the past, so i'm quite unsure about it.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
A good reason to leave auto updating un ticked in settings. Be more in control of your devices. If your 930 is running fine I certainly wouldn't install a downgrade, but it never would have D/L'd in the first place either without that setting enabled.

doben

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I actually just went through with it and installed the already downloaded update. when it was finished there was the usual pop-up confirming that 14157.200 was successfully installed.

now the os version still is 14176.243 and everything is back to normal. not sure if anything has changed, tho.probably unlikely :)

and ya, of course now I unticked the auto-download, just to be sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon