(UPDATE) Screenshot button combo will change in WP 8.1 sad thing

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The screenshot button combo will change in windows phone 8.1. I wondering why I'm not think earlier about it and have to see this yet. Because due to virtual on screen button's on some new devices it will be theoretically not possible to hit the Windows touch button because there is no one and you can swipe the virtual button's down on the new update also there must be an new combo what I think is annoying.
You now have to press and hold the power and the volume up button at the same time to capture your screen.
What do you think about this change???

Update

I found this picture on wpbar wich confirms the change if this is no fake

http://www.wpbar.cn/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/70b74c6cgw1edgi825t17j20dc0m8t9u.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screenshot button combo will change in WP 8.1 sad thing

Consider the times I actually use this function I don't see a problem. Whether it's one combination or another. What would have been a better combination personally would have been something with the camera button. Like camera button and power together. That would make sense.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

There is hope left for manufacturers to design top notch hardware with capacitive buttons, isn't it!?

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Consider the times I actually use this function I don't see a problem. Whether it's one combination or another. What would have been a better combination personally would have been something with the camera button. Like camera button and power together. That would make sense.
Yes but you have tried it how the new touch combo feel. Now I have to put my hand behind my phone to come close enough to the volume up button the on/off button I can normally hit with the right Hand. I think it would be better if you can change the combo with a setting how you like it to use

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes but you have tried it how the new touch combo feel. Now I have to put my hand behind my phone to come close enough to the volume up button the on/off button I can normally hit with the right Hand. I think it would be better if you can change the combo with a setting how you like it to use

Are you constantly taking screen shots for some reason? Not everything can be a personal setting. Sometimes things have to be the way they are.

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Are you constantly taking screen shots for some reason? Not everything can be a personal setting. Sometimes things have to be the way they are.

yes I use this function every day. What should I do if my volume up button get broke :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

yes I use this function every day. What should I do if my volume up button get broke :D

I won't ask why, it's probably some type of sharing thing I could care less about.

No system is perfect. Such is life.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

it wont change, here's why
1. current phone with hardware button ARE LIKE virtual button, cause it is touchscreen based. they just change the button to the screen.
2. if 1. is wrong, then they still have the code of it like
if(windowsButtonIsPressed){if(powerButtonIsPressed){doScreenShot();}}
so it wont change much

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

it wont change, here's why
1. current phone with hardware button ARE LIKE virtual button, cause it is touchscreen based. they just change the button to the screen.
2. if 1. is wrong, then they still have the code of it like
if(windowsButtonIsPressed){if(powerButtonIsPressed){doScreenShot();}}
so it wont change much

Are you really sure maybe it will only change for devices with virtual buttons

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes