Does WP 8.1 have File-Manager?

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I was searching through WP 8.1 features but didn't file File-Manager features.

Can anyone answer that WP 8.1 have File-Manager or not?

File-Manager is all time most demanded feature
Feature Suggestions: Top (48094 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

If MS still not provide this feature than it means either developers are very slow or they don't care about what user want.:eck:
Because their is no other explanation for this

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As for the initial question of the OP.

We won't have a file manager similar to Android or Symbian. It will be integrated within Onedrive. Any app wishing to use 'files' will still have to incorporate this functionality into the app. These Onedrive files will be local to the phone, not cloud based.

I'm not entirely sure how the file picker fits into this.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Yes it does. It will work in a similar way files work in Windows 8.1 - you can either access local files, or cloud files from apps like OneDrive or Dropbox. It hasn't been announced yet, but traces of the feature are already present in the OS - like the file picker in IE.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Should i buy Pocket file Manager or should i wait for 8.1s file manager?

Depends on how quickly you need it and how fast they plan to release updates? There will be the preview program but no idea how quick that will be.

Unless you have a immediate need I wouldn't bother personally. Can't say what this file manager/file picker will be like in WP8.1 so I'd wait until next week to see then decide.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Pocket File Manager already does everything what most of people actually want. It has full access in SD Card, that's it I can access my personal files and I don't beed much now, thank you MS for listening and this might be a signal that MS might create such file manager by own for WP 8.1 .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes