Samsung SM-W350F: Samsung finally going all-in with WP?

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I know a lot of you hate Samsung with a passion, but like it or not having them on-board is good for WP. I didn't expect much out of them this year, due to them only releasing , what, 2 or 3 devices last year, but so far they've given us the ATIV SE, and we've had leaks about the ATIV Core. Now, there's another leak about a low-end WP device. Although, the ATIV Core, and this SM-2350F aren't official yet, I think it speaks volumes that we may get even 3 devices from them this early on.

Maybe it was Steve Ballmer's plan all along, or maybe Satya is just the CEO Microsoft needs, but whether its dropping the licensing fee, and bringing the platform up to par with the others, they're doing something right. So, what do you think? Is Samsung ready to put their foot on the gas? Is Windows Phone finally ready to take off? Are OEMs ready to take Windows Phone seriously?

Source: Samsung SM-W350F seems to be a new Windows Phone 8.1 handset with WVGA display

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I will believe it when I see it. It isn't so much the hardware that is Samsung issue....its what they do after they release their phones.

I really don't care much about Samsung but I am wanting to hear about the more premium type of hardware from companies like Sony and HTC. Those are companies I want to see windows phone os on as their hardware definitely is premium. But kudos to those who want a Samsung, I guess.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess ever since MS removed the WP fee. It's all of a sudden that there's been an explosion of OEMs joining WP. I guess Samsung sees the competition that's going to happen so they want to get the WP market

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes