Nokia/Microsoft you need to implement video ringtones.. something missing from all smartphones

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I would like to add this post somewhere as a suggestion. So if anyone knows the proper link, please share it.

One of my favorite 'Cell Phones' I've ever owned was the Samsung Ultra Music F300

Beyonce had her own version for the ladies.

There was a feature on that phone that I've never seen on any other cell phone or smartphone before. The ability to create a video ringtone. Basically, you record a short video and then add it as a ringtone for a contact. For example, you record a short video of your buddy and he/she says "Hey! It's me! Pick up your phone!" while smiling or dancing or giving a peace sign.. whatever. You assign that video as a ringtone for that contact. So when he/she calls, that video plays on your screen.

I loved this feature. It was so fun and innovative. Will it make WP the phone to have and crush the competition? No..lol But it gives it something no one else has and a really cool feature.

​Never understood why this feature was never implemented on any smartphone. Especially with how advanced they are today. Never seen an app for it either. Yet the Samsung Ultra Music F300 had it.

They can certainly add it before 8.1 is completed.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would like to add this post somewhere as a suggestion. So if anyone knows the proper link, please share it.

One of my favorite 'Cell Phones' I've ever owned was the Samsung Ultra Music F300

Beyonce had her own version for the ladies.

There was a feature on that phone that I've never seen on any other cell phone or smartphone before. The ability to create a video ringtone. Basically, you record a short video and then add it as a ringtone for a contact. For example, you record a short video of your buddy and he/she says "Hey! It's me! Pick up your phone!" while smiling or dancing or giving a peace sign.. whatever. You assign that video as a ringtone for that contact. So when he/she calls, that video plays on your screen.

I loved this feature. It was so fun and innovative. Will it make WP the phone to have and crush the competition? No..lol But it gives it something no one else has and a really cool feature.

​Never understood why this feature was never implemented on any smartphone. Especially with how advanced they are today. Never seen an app for it either. Yet the Samsung Ultra Music F300 had it.

They can certainly add it before 8.1 is completed.

Msdn forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb