Task Manager and File Manager are the missing milestone on MS WP

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm still trying to live with the idea i cannot check my OS resources stats, nothing even near Task Manager exists .... and maybe cannot be created for some reasons and limitations. Resource Meter with some Live Tile in next WP will be awesome move in addition to interactive tiles ....

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You can currently see the battery usage, size of the app and the amount of wifi/cellular data the apps use. Task manager is somewhat unnecessary on WP. Background tasks are handled well by the os. Its not the way android handles background tasks.

Forget needing a task manager on WP, I can't even remember the last time I used the task manager on my PC.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
well ... couple of reasons
to find out how the memory is managed from the os , to find out how heavy is each application i'm using , to check if any background tasks are running and not needed , to find out if my hardware works properly and my CPU , Memory are enough for what i want

there are tons of reasons to have closer look over the resources you have paid for and to find if your device is enough strong to handle the things you want to .....

File manager is missing but Pocket manager app is so far so good i doubt MS app to get any better than it

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
well ... couple of reasons
to find out how the memory is managed from the os , to find out how heavy is each application i'm using , to check if any background tasks are running and not needed , to find out if my hardware works properly and my CPU , Memory are enough for what i want

there are tons of reasons to have closer look over the resources you have paid for and to find if your device is enough strong to handle the things you want to .....

File manager is missing but Pocket manager app is so far so good i doubt MS app to get any better than it

Well, go to xda forums, someone developed an process viewer, but it needs to be sideloaded, [XAP APP] Process Viewer - xda-developers

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
great article , thanks for sharing , some ghost user made it and left some of the code unused or at least XDA are not able to find out for what and how if used , so i'll vote NoGO for now , but it's a very interesting still .....

iXesh

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
For task manager we need to have perfect multi tasking, otherwise we have battery saver app to block unwanted app...

SammyD_L625

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
File manager...understandable. Task manager...huh? There's no need for it. Like mpt15 already said, there's battery, data and storage sense.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I have a L521 and sometimes it slows down and it would be nice to see which app is using alot of memory seeing how I only have 512MB. Maybe we don't need a full fledged task manager but a simple way to view memory usage. We already have a way to kill and control apps.

Maybe when we're in an app we could see how much memory we're using when we pull down action center. That would be cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes