Why not bring this feature into Windows Phone?

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
This id? has probably been up before.
2drysr8.jpg

Imagine

Excel + Calc
YoutubeAPP + internet explorer
Internet Explorer + Internet Explorer!
Here Drive + Music Player
OneNote + Message
Message + Internet Explorer

This is endless!

Multitasking like a pro!

Possible? Why not, 2gb RAM on high end phones should do this without a problem.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My current inclination right now is to say no to the feature, but its my personal opinion.

Apps would have to be coded to recognize the half-height and it may be problematic and/or overly complex to integrate it into the UX and Windows Phone as it is.

Its a great idea on paper, but I fear it would wreck something. I don't know how well Samsung has done this, so maybe someone can chime in on that.

Those are nice mockups though.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
My current inclination right now is to say no to the feature, but its my personal opinion.

Apps would have to be coded to recognize the half-height and it may be problematic and/or overly complex to integrate it into the UX and Windows Phone as it is.

Its a great idea on paper, but I fear it would wreck something. I don't know how well Samsung has done this, so maybe someone can chime in on that.

Those are nice mockups though.

Have this on both my Samsung Note II and Note III... It can be very handy having the spit screen to carry on more than task at a time... I've sms and had a web page up reading movie times to coordinate with a group going to a show. You can also create floating windows... clip/paste out parts of the screen... lots of utility there. Works best with the stylus (pen) that comes with the Note Line of devices....

The developer does have to add code to support this on the Android platform... I've seen some code that handles this... not really as tricky hard as you may think... at least over there.... I don't see this coming to WP... at least not on the UI side of things. You can create "multi-tasked" kind of code with background processes (i.e using Async type of code). But on the screen?

Now, Windows RT and Windows 8.1 PC do have split screen capability (probably because those editions have a desktop??). The tiles and the dev controls available on the WP platform do not lend easy with sharing the main window between processes... that would be definitely "out of the box".... and cool!

~ScottGeek.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I dont think windows phone floating widgets can be implemented until Microsoft modifies the whole os. If floating widgets could be implemented then we can also use chat heads in Facebook messenger like the ones in android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro