What Do You Like About Windows Phone Besides The Camera?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Man I love google. Bing just doesn't do it for me. Is there an app or toolbar we can DL google for windows phone?

Actually there is a work around . You can search Google through BIng. And once you locate the Google search page you want, you then just pin it to your start page
Don't really need app for this

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
When I had my tiny L521, god bless its soul, I absolutely loved how I can just check the weather from my lock screen and various other places once I pinned the live tile for that specific location. Here Drive + was a miracle. I eventually heaved myself onto the L925 because the L521 was making me dissatisfied with the camera. But hell, Glance so far is so fun. Pfft, my poor friends and their necessity to press on their lock button to see their notifications. I just flip the phone over to see. Cortana and her reminder ability is very useful and how she realizes I want to make an event on a certain day through my emails and text messages is a blessing. THE WORLD IS HONESTLY NICER ON WP.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I like pretty much everything in WP8. I feel like its very clean and simplistic compared to the competition. I use a L520, and makes a great daily driver.

I think what I like most is live tiles and customization of the home screen.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
So far I am leaning towards the Lumia 925. How is the battery life?

I'm a 1020 owner so I don't truly know, but I get about 1-2 days of moderate usage - and given how much the camera chews through battery I would expect the 925 to do better if anything.

Chris Moore12

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the camera is as fast as it should be (Lumia 1520) I recall in the early days how it was said it would be instant on and fastest for quick pics from power up but sadly today this is not true. I find Nokia Camera laggy and the response time to wake the phone to snap poor.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Clutching the Lumia 925 here along with a back-up Lumia 521.

Windows phone has everything I need.
Tried to go a little app crazy when I initially bought into WP.
I seldom check the WP appstore these days.
The only thing I check is regularly is "apps gone free"
I really don't do much other than Skype a little...web surf for less than an hour and stream music from Rhapsody.

Been shooting a lot of video lately and been trying to use some of the HDR cam apps to learn about them.
Also Cortana under the 8.1 preview adds impressive function.

I'm not unhappy with battery time on the 925 sometimes it's long lived sometimes not so much.
Here's my battery graph from Insider Pro:

Best of luck hope to see more of you around here johnskrilla.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon