WP8 vs. WP8.1

SirNic

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Samsung Ativ from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 yesterday.
The only real improvement I see is the ability to be able to 'save' files sent from an url instead of just 'opening' them.
Tried Cortana and really seems a waste of time and the battery drains a lot faster.

I would of preferred to stick with Windows 8 and the ability to save files into folders rather than to update to 8.1. :winktongue:

allysisa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi what swung it for me was on lumia was the brightness app on the notifications bar as before you had to do a number of settings to get the brightness up and down, in doors it's low outside its high, so it swung it for me

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
For me, It was:

1. Three sizes of Tiles.
2. Internet explorer for Windows phone 8.1 has inline video capability, and the video will open right in the browser. Whereas in WP8 it will open in another player. Reading mode (reformatting, easy to read) gives a "reading icon at the bottom". Also, you can swipe back and forth in reading mode, which was absent in WP8.
3. New calender view: with features like "This week view".
4. Windows Store is now also updated, a new featured apps section is added. Even app screenshots are right in front of you when you click on an app. Ratings are both quantitave (4.7, 4.4, etc) along with the normal star rating.
5. Above all, I liked setting alarms using Cortana. :)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Screen loading has been really bad ! It got hotter than ever before took literally 1minute for screen to come back! Been having this issue since day 1 of 8.1. And won't do a hard reset until I know for sure I won't lose any thing,start screen,app data and progress etc. Read on here that back up on dev preview is having issues so I guess Ill just wait for official release. Oh and since 8.1 my camera has been shaking bad on its own done soft resets and clears up but then returns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb