Microsoft book store

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about any of the other members here but one thing I miss about using a iPhone is ibooks. Even when I had a android device I'd use google books too. I think that Microsoft needs to add a book store or a lease an app similar to ibooks or google books. I miss reading books on my phone especially with my 1520 having so much screen real-estate. Don't anyone dare to say that we windows users have the amazon books app because that app is garbage compared to the other two major platforms. So with that being said, who here wishes to have native book store where books can be read on WP and windows pc's?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather see an improved Amazon app. I rarely buy books, since I usually borrow library books. However, if I do buy books it's from Amazon. As a Prime member, Amazon is my one-stop shop for everything.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Nasart

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Well there's this app, Bookviser Reader which offers reading (.epub) books and downloading from various stores including FeedBooks and Smashwords.

P.S. : I personally use this app, it's great!

Happy reading!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but prime books aren't allowed to be read in the amazon app. Just the kindles.

It doesn't matter as rarely as I buy books. The last one I bought was 3 years ago. I download the free books from Amazon.

I'd just rather not bother with another store for books, just like I only use Amazon to buy music. It's too much a bother for me to shop at other stores when Amazon has everything I need.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Amazon is great, but having a windows phone and a windows PC and Xbox... All being Microsoft owned, I'd like to stick to one store. And since no one plays nice with Microsoft I'd like to see Microsoft have their own book store and equal other competitors. I like Microsoft's ecosystem and its only getting better every day.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think they did. And everyone started to say that the nook app was going to be the windows book store.... It never happened.

jpspiderman

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
I would definitely agree with that. When MS invested in Barnes and Noble I was hoping that MS would be able to have a booksotre in the phones but that was for naught. Its really easy to read on the phone but we'll see what happens in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon