Windows phone 8.1 GDR 2

krcndn

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
NokiaPowerUser.com reports on a new rumour that Microsoft will finally bring some sanity to the extremely long Settings list on Windows Phone.

Apparently the next update, set to arrive over the next 2 months (and therefore likely coming to Developer Preview users sooner) will finally sort settings alphabetically, and will feature the same jump list as the usual start app menu.

Other new features said to be on the way include the addition of a mobile data toggle in the action centre and Cortana coming as Alpha to even more countries.

While making settings alphabetical would help somewhat, I would have liked even more if Settings could all be pinnable to the start screen just like apps, meaning for commonly used settings one would not have to dive into the long settings page at all.

Source :- wmpoweruser

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That article at NPU should not be seen as proof of anything. It even states at the beginning that it doesn't fully believe what it was told.

As for the continued release of Cortana, not overly surprising as they stated that this would happen.

There's already been someone on here reporting this.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
That article at NPU should not be seen as proof of anything. It even states at the beginning that it doesn't fully believe what it was told.

As for the continued release of Cortana, not overly surprising as they stated that this would happen.

There's already been someone on here reporting this.
It have some kind of truth because Joe Belfiore tweeted a time ago that GDR2 is in development and should come in few months.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It have some kind of truth because Joe Belfiore tweeted a time ago that GDR2 is in development and should come in few months.

I'm not saying if it's true or untrue, I'm just stating what's on the article. They said, 'take this with a grain of salt' meaning we're not sure if this is true.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Well settings arrangement is a welcome feature.
For me data toggle is meh cuz I don't use it but for some its critical so good.
What I want to see is more icons in action center meaning at least five. I can't live without these five.
Rotation,wifi,airplane,location,brightness. I mostly have to change brightness and location as I have 4 only.
Or you can put a brightness slider in the slider which is a great addition too.
Other than that...lets hear from the others

pramodtalekar

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
If you want Settings to be pinnable, do this :
Install 8.1 HD tiles app and browse to the Settings tiles and select your fav. It doesn't have many but has got mobile data connection tile.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft put out a tiny app for cellular data toggle for 8.1 some time ago, the tile displays "on" or "off" too. Just check under Microsoft corporation or Microsoft mobile for it, I use it whenever I go out of the house

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
There is an app called "Quick Settings". With it it will allow you to pin Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, Location, Cellular, WiFi, Battery, Flashlight and Close The Music" tiles to your start screen. Just open the app, long press the tile and tap "pin to start". Done!.

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and my CVBG 1520 doesn't have this available. turned PFD off and on, no change.

anything special that you did?

If you check out the Wp10 threads it is updated to gdr2 as part of the wp10 technical preview update. Check Saturdays or Sundays news posts as well.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the reply, I worked it out after all. did the GDR2 update, but will refrain from the WP10 update. phone seems to run much faster!

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've got gdr2 on my 630.. Is anybody getting issues opening Office files? My phone asks me to "Find apps on store" when I try to open a PowerPoint presentation for ex.
Can someone try and tell me if it's just me who's getting this error?

Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon