Let's get some good ideas here...

Long tap back = task list
    Long tap search = Cortana listening
    Long tap Windows = nothing

What might be a good idea for it to do?
    09-11-2014 07:20 AM
    For the record, it's long press, not long tap. Well, I'm just a bit...compulsive over those kinds of things.

While we have a thread for wishing features here, I might as well tell you what I want.

Bring the Charms via this long press. Utilized correctly, it could make the back and search buttons a thing of the past.
    09-11-2014 07:28 AM
    I say make it launch the camera, or any custom app. Reason I say camera is Microsoft made the dumb decision to make the camera button an optional thing. I love it on my 521, and there is no way I am upgrading to a phone that doesn't have a camera button.

Check out the uservoice here and vote please.
    windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/5781597-long-press-windows-key-for-custom-app
    Divjot Singh likes this.
    09-11-2014 12:29 PM
    Long tap/press on windows button should be settings. Instead, we have to go to homescreen and hit the settings screen. Or make it one of the settings. On that note, I'd like to see settings be allowed to be pinned to homescreen
    09-13-2014 04:06 PM
    Long tap/press on windows button should be settings. Instead, we have to go to homescreen and hit the settings screen. Or make it one of the settings. On that note, I'd like to see settings be allowed to be pinned to homescreen
    As of 8.1, Settings can be reached from anywhere by pulling down the Action Center (aka Notification Center) and tapping All Settings on the right. I don't see MS adding a third way in to the Settings app.
    09-14-2014 07:38 AM