Let's get some good ideas here...

Long tap back = task list
Long tap search = Cortana listening
Long tap Windows = nothing

What might be a good idea for it to do?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
For the record, it's long press, not long tap. Well, I'm just a bit...compulsive over those kinds of things.

While we have a thread for wishing features here, I might as well tell you what I want.

Bring the Charms via this long press. Utilized correctly, it could make the back and search buttons a thing of the past.

JasCola

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I say make it launch the camera, or any custom app. Reason I say camera is Microsoft made the dumb decision to make the camera button an optional thing. I love it on my 521, and there is no way I am upgrading to a phone that doesn't have a camera button.

Check out the uservoice here and vote please.
windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/5781597-long-press-windows-key-for-custom-app

manudave

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Long tap/press on windows button should be settings. Instead, we have to go to homescreen and hit the settings screen. Or make it one of the settings. On that note, I'd like to see settings be allowed to be pinned to homescreen

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Long tap/press on windows button should be settings. Instead, we have to go to homescreen and hit the settings screen. Or make it one of the settings. On that note, I'd like to see settings be allowed to be pinned to homescreen
As of 8.1, Settings can be reached from anywhere by pulling down the Action Center (aka Notification Center) and tapping All Settings on the right. I don't see MS adding a third way in to the Settings app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlhields