Why isn't my music app showing what artist is playing when the lock screen is on?

Jerry Tovar

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Problem showing artist on lock screen

I set the "Show Artist When Playing Music" option On in the Lock Screen section on my Lumia 1520 settings.

Before the Cortana upgrade, this setting always worked and properly showed the artist on the lock screen when music was playing.

However, after the Cortana upgrade(I believe), this does not work anymore. The Bing picture always displays on the lock screen, which is what I have the lock screen set to normally.

I can correct the Show Artist setting by going to the Lock Screen and setting the "Show Artist When Playing Music" Off, then On again. Then the artist displays in the lock screen when their music is playing. But eventually, this stops working and I have to perform this task again.

This is frustrating when I want to show off my Lumia 1520 and the Show Artist doesn't work.

Has anyone else seen this? Will this be corrected in an update? How can I post this to a bug report for MS to fix?

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem showing artist on lock screen

Well atleast you have a workaround, for me it simply doesn't work. No matter what i try, the lock screen just shows the Bing wallpaper- Lumia 720 with Cyan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon