How do I fix Battery Saver?

SuStel

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
My battery was draining fast yesterday. When I tried to go into Battery Saver from the app list to see what was using the power, the app started to load, then dropped back to the app list. I've restarted, done a soft reset, and just plain waited a day before trying again, but I still can't run Battery Saver. I've also tried deleting temporary files using Storage Check.

I can go into Battery Saver from Settings, but when I swipe to Usage it crashes out again. BS from Settings loads the Settings pivot; BS from the app list tries to load the Usage pivot. Clearly, it's the Usage pivot that's causing the problem.

What should I do?

Lumia 920, AT&T, Cyan. Not running the developer preview.

SuStel

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Since you can't uninstall Battery Saver, and since it doesn't appear in the Store on the phone, I didn't realize I'd find it on the web.

However, despite the website's claim that Battery Saver has been reinstalled on my phone, nothing has happened. I've watched the app closely and I've checked my download history. The app has not been reinstalled.

SuStel

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Because you can't uninstall Battery Saver and because it does not appear in the store when searching on the phone, I didn't think to look for it on the Web.

However, when I tell the store to reinstall Battery Saver, it says okay, sure, it'll install in a moment. But it never does. It's not in my current downloads or my history. I watch it in the app list and never see it being updated.

If I go to the store in the phone's browser, it switches to the app in the Store app, but it doesn't give me an option to reinstall.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, system apps don't show in history, so you can't tell from there whether it reinstalled or not. However, if you're watching it closely and it's not doing anything within a few minutes of you ordering the reinstall, I'd be inclined to say that's not working - especially if the app is still broken.

You could try the trick of turning off data and time updates, then changing the date to one in the far future, and see if it will let you uninstall the app then. It may not work, though, which probably leaves you stuck with a hard reset or a full reinstall using NSRT or whatever. Someone smarter than me may yet post a better answer, though. Good luck!

SuStel

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've found this topic in which several people experienced the same problem. The Date+Time trick did the same thing for me that it did for them: it lets you keep the app open, but the usage data is not there.

It looks like everyone that's had the problem just had to wait a couple of days, and it started working again automatically—probably as bad usage data left the app and new usage data entered. I'm crossing my fingers.

SuStel

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
After several days, Battery Saver has started to work again on its own. This seems to have been the case with everyone else who's had the problem. I was just about to give up and hard reset the phone when I found it working this morning.

SuStel

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hang in there. I imagine it could take up to a week to fix itself, depending on your usage and whatever vaguaries the bug has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes