Windows Phone and Sonos like systems

pascoa341

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a sonos type system (Sonos, Heos, Samsung Multiroom, LG Fow, Pure Jongo, Harman Kardon Omni, Panasonic All, Raumfeld). However, none seem to have an official windows phone app. Does anyone here use these streamers with windows phone and what works best. i know Sonos has Phonly, which is ok, but what about the others?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've looked around as well, but not really seen anything that I'd call a fully functional app. Allegedly, Sonos is working on a Windows Phone, but I'm not really holding my breath on that one.

From memory, the blockage is down to the non-standard network protocols that Sonos uses for some of the functionality (hence a Windows Phone app being able to pause and skip tracks, but not much else). Typical market-share related apathy also plays a part.

I'm in the unfortunate position where I've had to buy a cheap Android tablet, just for the purpose of streaming to wireless speakers.

pascoa341

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
It is a shame that none of the other offerings have a WP app. I am hoping that Qualcomm Allplay or denon Heos with their 'open source' api (I believe) hold great possibililty to develop a Windows Phone spotify or deezer integration in streaming services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb