Is Lumia 820 with Cyan update 4g enabled?

shoaib rahman

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have lumia 820 with Cyan update. In setting i only saw highest connection speed 3G.
i want to know that whether lumia 820 is 4G enabled or require some update from Nokia to eabale 4G LTE functionality

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 820 does have LTE compatibility, but not for all LTE bands, so it might not be compatible with your network.
Although if it did have it before, then it should have it still.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it may need a new LTE sim card, go to the carrier's hq they will most likely replace it for free, sadly in my case, even though my 928 supports my carrier's LTE bands(just 4) Verizon had it disabled for some reason :) now they call it AWS and launched the icon with it, no update for my 928 2 years later

shoaib rahman

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
it may need a new LTE sim card, go to the carrier's hq they will most likely replace it for free, sadly in my case, even though my 928 supports my carrier's LTE bands(just 4) Verizon had it disabled for some reason :) now they call it AWS and launched the icon with it, no update for my 928 2 years later

It means you can't use 4G on 928? Did 4G option appears in settings without inserting 4G simcard?

shoaib rahman

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I would take it to your shop and ask them whats going on maybe a software glitch

I am damn sure that it is sofware problem. Microsoft didn't release 4g update yet.
I don't understand that why thy ship these devices pre configure to 3g. Why don't they add 4g option if the phone supports 4G then it must be enabled. Is there any country firmware has 4g option in Lumia 820? If yes then tell me that firmware revision number and country.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I am damn sure that it is sofware problem. Microsoft didn't release 4g update yet.
I don't understand that why thy ship these devices pre configure to 3g. Why don't they add 4g option if the phone supports 4G then it must be enabled. Is there any country firmware has 4g option in Lumia 820? If yes then tell me that firmware revision number and country.

As far as I'm aware, 4G has been enabled on the 820 since its release, the only thing that has been changed in Cyan was the release of Bluetooth 4.0. Check the frequency of the network as posted previous, and the other thing to check is Settings >> mobile+SIM >> SIM Settings and make sure Highest connection speed is selected as 4G.
You can check your provider supports 4G on the sim by going to network selection and selecting manual network, this will show a list of available networks and their connection list (2G, 3G, 4G...)

I recently jumped on a 4G tariff and it worked without issue on my 820.

G.

shoaib rahman

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, 4G has been enabled on the 820 since its release, the only thing that has been changed in Cyan was the release of Bluetooth 4.0. Check the frequency of the network as posted previous, and the other thing to check is Settings >> mobile+SIM >> SIM Settings and make sure Highest connection speed is selected as 4G.
You can check your provider supports 4G on the sim by going to network selection and selecting manual network, this will show a list of available networks and their connection list (2G, 3G, 4G...)

I recently jumped on a 4G tariff and it worked without issue on my 820.

G.

There is only 3G available in highest connection option. My operator band is 1800Mz. By the way where you from. What is your firmware revision number? Are you using PFD or official cyan?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Did you try the other thing I mentioned - check your provider supports 4G on the sim by going to Settings >> mobile+SIM >> SIM Settings >> Network Selection. Press search for networks, this will show a list of available networks and their connection list (2G, 3G, 4G). Make sure on your provider it shows 4G, if it doesn't, and only shows 2G & 3G, this means that 4G is not supported on the network via your SIM.
If it does show 4G in the list, try selecting another network (i.e.. roaming), this may fail, but then go back and select your network again. This is how I bumped my phone to 4G, but you need to make sure 4G is set as your highest speed before switching networks, as I've previously stated in an earlier post.

If this doesn't work, you'll most likely need to contact your carrier for support.

To be honest, it doesn't matter what firmware I'm on, which is Cyan or the software version I'm using, as 4G has been available with the 820 since it's release. And I'm in the UK.

G.

shoaib rahman

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing information. Brother not all Lumia is 4G enabled. My 820 is sim free unlocked country variant moblie which is pre configured to 3G. It means 4G option is not available in this software version but may be enabled through firmware update. That's why I want to know your firmware so that I can flash my 820 to that firmware which is 4G enabled. Did you get my point?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4