How do I delete songs from my phone, but not from the cloud?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have searched, I promise. Searching is much easier then creating a new thread, but it is possible that I missed it. I have music that I have downloaded from the music app and I want to delete it. When I do though, it says this will be deleted from your phone and the cloud. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I don't want it deleted from the cloud, I may want to stream it or download it again. How do I just delete it from my phone and not the cloud. In the old Music+Video app, I don't remember it saying it would delete from the cloud too.

Any help would be appreicated.

Thank you.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Search and download the "File" app in the store, it act as a file explorer. Hope it helps.

Update: Cheers, if you need more help about your WP, just ask the WP community(forum).

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
So when you're in the song's list, tap the select button below and put a tick on the songs you want to delete, then tap the 3 dots to reveal more options and tap remove from phone.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Search and download the "File" app in the store, it act as a file explorer. Hope it helps.

Update: Cheers, if you need more help about your WP, just ask the WP community(forum).

Thanks. I may try that. I already have the app but I never use it. I also didn't realize there was a community forum to ask questions in... I guess things have changed.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So when you're in the song's list, tap the select button below and put a tick on the songs you want to delete, then tap the 3 dots to reveal more options and tap remove from phone.

Thank you. This works. I didn't know about the more options, just saw the trash can and assumed that was it. Really...it should just remove from the phone as default.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon