Are you still using a First Gen WP8 device?

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
820 since May 2013. Camera is a HUGE downgrade from the module I had on my N9, the sound quality through headphones is a bit dodgy and the device's design is getting kind of old even after switching shells. But I have to make do with it for now.

ToughD

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I are still using our Lumia 810 phones. We download and install the Developer Preview updates. Runs great and we don't plan on upgrading to a new phone. Runs everything we throw at it and we also installed a 32GB SD card. Don't need to with Developer Preview updates.

jorden vanmeensel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
i'm still using my Lumia 925 after 1.5 years! I've been thinking about a new phone but i'm just going to wait for WP10 and see which flagship phone will arrive in 2015!

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
From what I have seen the x2x generation (720/820/920 etc) was the best selection and best equipped of all the Nokia phones. They are still a very good viable alternative to what is out there even now after 2 years. I have passed on the x3x series; but may go for a x4x phone if they come out before they shovel dirt in my face.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
From what I have seen the x2x generation (720/820/920 etc) was the best selection and best equipped of all the Nokia phones. They are still a very good viable alternative to what is out there even now after 2 years. I have passed on the x3x series; but may go for a x4x phone if they come out before they shovel dirt in my face.

Ya new gen lumia are having problems compare to earlier generation.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Using l1020. Great phone but on 8.1 it has the freezing issue and MS lied to us about that fix. I am on Denim and NO fix was released!!

This is MS strategy to force old X20 users to use new WP devices because it is happen with every old WP device.

and updates are getting painfully slow and slow. Even budget Android phone getting faster updates than WP flagship devices.
Competitors are getting better and better and WP getting worse and worse( performance and updates)

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This is MS strategy to force old X20 users to use new WP devices because it is happen with every old WP device.

and updates are getting painfully slow and slow. Even budget Android phone getting faster updates than WP flagship devices.
Competitors are getting better and better and WP getting worse and worse( performance and updates)

How about we all hold off on the doomsaying until the vast majority of MS Mobile devices have received their updates!!!

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've bought second hand Ativ S two months ago after having Lumia 520. It has everything I need, great display, decent CPU/GPU, fast, nice camera and great battery. Yes I would like a bit better camera, Lumia camera app and Nokia design, but there is really no need for me to go for newer and more expensive phone. Maybe if Windows 10 doesn't come to it, I'll sell it and buy L730. For now, it stays, and I'm very happy with my Gen1 phone.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Yup, my first WP8 device L920 and still going strong. I've had it now going on 4 months and I'm very pleased so far and TBH with the constant talk of OS updates to WP8.1 and the apps I have installed it's like seeing this old device get a tune-up and a new paint job to stand up and out versus the newer devices. The way I see it if MS can give me app updates to facebook, FB msgr, Skype and make this Denim update actually worthwhile then why do I need newer hardware when my 2yr old+ device is doing exactly what 2014-> devices are doing but just 1/2 secs slower. It's an unlocked AT&T device and the only gripe is the wait for the released/okayed OTA updates from AT&T. I've just installed the tweetium after deleting peregrine and it's a step way up over that so what app gap? That idea/belief/misconception is slowly being replaced by the app quality avl to WP users now. If Facebook, its messenger/ instagram, Skype, office can only give the WP users a higher quality UI I honestly can't even begin to accept any argument of any app gap in terms of quality. MS is slowly making WP a very viable device to use and own. I've never regretted its purchase and I'm just waiting to get what I have now on a bigger screened phone from 5"-5.2" the most with all that is the L920 with an upgrade hardware bump and I'm in Mobile Heaven.

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I was using HTC 8S, a very unpleasant experience. I bought my Lumia 1320 three months ago and I'm so satisfied with this phone. The 6 inch screen is just incredible.

Benjamin Mendez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 since day one when it came out. I'm thinking of buying an android or an iPhone next as my main app is snapchat or should I say was. I also have a 1520 to play games brand new.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using my 920 from launch day and it works great (knock on wood). I wouldn't mind trying the 1520 but it's hard to justify jettisoning a perfectly good phone.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My Slim black Lumia 720 is as good as new. I have kept it in quite a good condition. Well protected and tested. ;) Not thinking of changing the phone as of now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon