How to Sync IE 11 Settings on across WP 8.1 and W8 ?

vipresh

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Oki so here how it goes I have 3 devices
Lumia 822 Updated to OS 8.1
Office Laptop with OS Windows 7 Pro
Home Laptop with OS Windos 8 Pro

I have created a login account on Home-laptop with Windows Live Id and choose to Sync all of the settings and mapped the IE favorites folder to one of folders in Skydrive
Also in my Office-laptop I have mapped my IE favorites folder to same SkyDrive folder mentioned above.
This way I get my favorites Synced across Windows 7 & Windows 8 laptops.
I logged in to my Home-Laptop and checked it had all the favorites which I had added through office laptop and viceversa.

Also in my phone optios under Settings->Sync my setting->Internet Explore is "Turned ON"
The problem is when I go to my Windows8.1 Phone IE favorites it says "No favourites yet" I thought I would get all the favorites folder & links which I was seeing on my Home laptop but No, am I missing some thing here?
How do I force the favorites to sync on my phone?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Oki so here how it goes I have 3 devices
Lumia 822 Updated to OS 8.1
Office Laptop with OS Windows 7 Pro
Home Laptop with OS Windos 8 Pro

I have created a login account on Home-laptop with Windows Live Id and choose to Sync all of the settings and mapped the IE favorites folder to one of folders in Skydrive
Also in my Office-laptop I have mapped my IE favorites folder to same SkyDrive folder mentioned above.
This way I get my favorites Synced across Windows 7 & Windows 8 laptops.
I logged in to my Home-Laptop and checked it had all the favorites which I had added through office laptop and viceversa.

Also in my phone optios under Settings->Sync my setting->Internet Explore is "Turned ON"
The problem is when I go to my Windows8.1 Phone IE favorites it says "No favourites yet" I thought I would get all the favorites folder & links which I was seeing on my Home laptop but No, am I missing some thing here?
How do I force the favorites to sync on my phone?
Use Metro IE(the app version)

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Its working for me, both are Win8.1.

You mentioned a setting in IE, but did you also set the settings on Settings >> sync my settings? Turn on/off as required. There is an option for IE, Passwords, Theme & App settings.

G.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem. I have 928 with latest DP update + whatever Verizon released last month (after Denim), and Win 8.1 tablet. I noticed on tablet I had synced all favorites from phone long time ago. I deleted them on tablet and added one website, but it doesn't sync. I checked syncing from phone to tablet, it doesn't work either. I have to mention that on tablet and on phone I checked the sync settings and everything is as it must be. Any idea why it doesn't work?

I know the syncing is working (partly at least) On phone under sync setting I had Theme turned off, and when I turned it on, theme on phone switched to the same as on tablet. So why doesn't favorites work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon