How do I manage backup preferences?

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I understand that with the WP operating system, regular backups can be made in case of the need for a hard reset. Out of curiosity, I just checked the backup menu in the settings, and my phone is saying I last backed up 4 months ago? There is an option to backup now, but I was hoping there would be an option for automatic backup when connected to WiFi? I'm sure this used to be the case. I'm running the DP and Cyan in the UK on a 920 if that's any help. Thanks

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My 820 backs-up automatically (didn't click/enable anything) every few days when I've left WiFi on when I'm home. My understanding it'll only backup if WiFi is switched on.

G.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the latest DP version, and have just checked my backup is still working (a few days ago - last time I had WiFi on).
So I'm not sure why it's not working for you...

G.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not on PfD and my Lumia 830 does perform backups automatically whenever it's

a) connected to a WiFi network
b) charging

It also doesn't make a difference whether you use a cable or a wireless Qi charger to charge the phone. I'm using the latter and my last backup was performed last night according to the backup settings.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Under settings, backup you can tap on each of the three backup items and do a manual backup. I believe there is a way to make these backup automatic as well. Press the manage backups tab and see what setting you have and make sure automatic backups is selected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon