Can Dropbox run automatically always at the background?

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

i always have to remember to open Dropbox in order to backup my files.

not to mention that videos are not uploaded... Just came from Android and i fell that i went 10 years back on this aspect.
I had totally free mind for my backup previously..

thanks

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

i always have to remember to open Dropbox in order to backup my files.

not to mention that videos are not uploaded... Just came from Android and i fell that i went 10 years back on this aspect.
I had totally free mind for my backup previously..

thanks
Settings > swipe on right side > Photos + Camera > App. Here you can select Dropbox, configure and have it auto backup for photos + videos as soon as you take it.

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks,

i dont like Onedrive... Dropbox suits me just right, between my wife's Android, my tablet, my phone and my computer.

yes i have this automatic setting on, but everytime i need to open dropbox, and seems that it starts from the beginning each time.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same experience using OneDrive on an iPhone. It's a matter of whether a particular company is able to use their service in the background. Looks like you can do it in the background on Android because everything is open. I don't think Dropbox would even allow for it on the iPhone as well.

Echoing some of the other feedback, I too suggest using OneDrive. Why pay Dropbox? You get 100GB for free on OneDrive and it's integrated into the phone, desktop and even the XBOX. I personally don't like Dropbox, despite being given 20GB for free by one of their executives. It's the way the files are shared - I burned through 20GB immediately when I shared some folders to collaborate on some work. There was no telling who owned what files that was chewing up the quota. It's more straightfoward on OneDrive.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes