Can anyone help me please,

I have a nokia lumia 920 on 8.1 windows, I got an update last week, since installing it I am unable to block any calls or texts, I cannot access the call blocking section in the settings, it just keeps saying "something went wrong, can't open the fliter at the moment, please try again later or restart your phone". When I tap and hold on a number I want to block the list only shows "details", "delete" or "add to speed dial", the feature to block is not even available.

All the numbers I previously blocked are now unblocked again.

please help as this is driving me up the wall. and yes I have already tried restarting the phone, 5+ times. it doesn't cure the issue.

thankyou
    03-20-2015 10:27 AM
    Can anyone help me please,

I have a nokia lumia 920 on 8.1 windows, I got an update last week, since installing it I am unable to block any calls or texts, I cannot access the call blocking section in the settings, it just keeps saying "something went wrong, can't open the fliter at the moment, please try again later or restart your phone". When I tap and hold on a number I want to block the list only shows "details", "delete" or "add to speed dial", the feature to block is not even available.

All the numbers I previously blocked are now unblocked again.

please help as this is driving me up the wall. and yes I have already tried restarting the phone, 5+ times. it doesn't cure the issue.

thankyou
    How about performing a soft reset? You can do this by pressing the volume down and power buttons together until your phone restarts. This is different from a normal "restart" procedure.

Welcome to the fora.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    03-20-2015 11:26 AM
    How about performing a soft reset? You can do this by pressing the volume down and power buttons together until your phone restarts. This is different from a normal "restart" procedure.

Welcome to the fora.
    Hiya,

Thankyou for reply, doesn't work either. Although having looked around, this seems to be an issue for a lot of people who have done the Denim update.

am still interested to know if someone finds a fix.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    03-20-2015 11:30 AM
    Hiya,

Thankyou for reply, doesn't work either. Although having looked around, this seems to be an issue for a lot of people who have done the Denim update.

am still interested to know if someone finds a fix.
    I see, thanks for the info. It may be device-specific since I'm not experiencing that issue with my L535 with the Denim update. My L1020 still does not have the Denim update, so I can't test the problem further at the moment. Perhaps other members with the L920 with the Denim update might have something to say. Stay tuned, too, to the recent forum posts - if this is a common issue, I'm sure a lot will be posting about it here.

You're welcome.
    03-20-2015 11:37 AM
    Probably during the OTA update you had a glitch.
    Are you willing to do a hard reset?
    There is however also a "trick" to uninstall OEM apps and then reinstall them see how to do it in below article.
    How to uninstall any OEM app on Windows Phone 8 or 8.1 | Windows Central
    Laura Knotek and gpobernardo like this.
    03-20-2015 11:49 AM
    I had this a while ago, and fixed it by going to the app store and re-installing the app.

call+SMS filter | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Make sure you do a Soft Reset before you re-install it, and what should happen is when you open it the first time it'll restart the phone, then it should work. Did for me!

G.
    Laura Knotek and gpobernardo like this.
    03-20-2015 04:40 PM