Why am I unable to install apps on a 128gb micro SD card?

Thos Parkouristas

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Issues installing apps on a 128gb micro SD card!!!

I own a Lumia 820 and I just bought a 128gb micro SD card wich is compatible with my phone. My 128gb micro SD card is formatted in fat32 and I've already installed about 7gb of apps on it and after these apps the micro sd card can't install any apps, it fails!!! If I transfer files from my PC it works fine, also the card doesn't show to have any error or something like that!!! Can you help me??? Plzzz!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Issues installing apps on a 128gb micro SD card!!!

What's the card's brand? What's the error? Can you format the card in exFAT and try installing apps again (yeah I know it's painful)?

Thos Parkouristas

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I did it but I had mostly the same results!!! I bought the micro SD from eBay it's unbranded!!! But when i connect the card to my pc and i check for errors there are no errors!!! The card is class 10.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Unbranded means no guarantee whether it works or not. Here is how it should be tested. Format to exFAT on PC and fill it up completely. Then transfer the data back to the PC and see if it works.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I need help in this... I got 32 gb sandisk class 10 card every time I restart it says error in card do you want to scan and fix.. If I tap no all the apps load with no issues.. Should I format to any other format ?? Currently it is in fat32 format

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

I did it but I had mostly the same results!!! I bought the micro SD from eBay it's unbranded!!! But when i connect the card to my pc and i check for errors there are no errors!!! The card is class 10.

Guidance is to always use a name brand card. You really are not saving. If you really need a 128gb card go for it. You will have less trouble with a good 32gb card.

Thos Parkouristas

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, but my main issue is the space!!! I used a 32gb It was like if somebody tied my hands i couldn't download nothing!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon