Best WP for Verizon?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HTC, Samsung, LG and Dell were onboard long before Nokia. I certainly don't consider them as white (private) labels. Samsung released the first WP7 devices, the first 7.5 (Mango) devices and the first WP8 devices. Currently, there are 3 major OEMs producing Windows Phones and 2 of the 3 have IR blasters, what's rare about that? If the public doesn't want to recognize that there are options for WP handsets, that's their problem. It's that "When people think of Windows Phone they think of Lumia" attitude that contributes to the stagnant growth of WP. Who can blame any of the other OEMs for not wanting to dedicate any effort into releasing handsets when they're behind the proverbial 8-ball. Samsung and LG are doing quite well with their Android phones so it's not like the brands are not well-received. The Galaxy S4 sold very well but the minute it morphed into a WP, all of a sudden it's a blah device that offers nothing. Gotta love that logic.

White label phones, emphasizing phones. Big difference.

How many Windows Phone 8 devices have IR blasters? How many do not?
Ativ SE came out a few months after the GS5. Even against the GS4 it sucks. Of course sales are going to be stagnant.

Ativ SE is a "me too" phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
White label phones, emphasizing phones. Big difference.

How many Windows Phone 8 devices have IR blasters? How many do not?
Ativ SE came out a few months after the GS5. Even against the GS4 it sucks. Of course sales are going to be stagnant.

Ativ SE is a "me too" phone.
How can you say the Ativ SE sucks compared to the GS4? Other than the operating systems, both devices are the same.

Samsung wasn't going to commit its resources toward building the Ativ SE with the GS5 hardware, since those resources were needed for the GS5, then Samsung's new flagship Android device. However, the general reviews of the GS4 were good, and most people didn't consider it a "meh" device.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How can you say the Ativ SE sucks compared to the GS4? Other than the operating systems, both devices are the same.

Samsung wasn't going to commit its resources toward building the Ativ SE with the GS5 hardware, since those resources were needed for the GS5, then Samsung's new flagship Android device. However, the general reviews of the GS4 were good, and most people didn't consider it a "meh" device.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

My point was that Windows Phone may be behind Android, however phones like the ICON are what bring attention to the platform. Not the SE, not the Quantum. Lumias make WP a feature, not a compromise. Just one of many examples, Samsung NX cameras cannot pair to the S/SE. With Samsung phones, WP is a compromise.

Guess I am the only one who sees this correspondence, won't derail the topic further.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Umm this is going way out of topic

@Op: Here are your options:

High-end: Lumia Icon, HTC M8, Ativ SE
Mid-spec: LG Lancet, Lumia 928, Lumia 822, HTC 8X, Lumia 73X (upcoming)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Lumias make WP a feature, not a compromise.

Sales numbers say otherwise. Nokia never had a following in the US and that perception hasn't changed. Even in Europe where they enjoyed their most success, it hasn't taken hold. Let's hope Microsoft branding works better.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Umm this is going way out of topic

@Op: Here are your options:

High-end: Lumia Icon, HTC M8, Ativ SE
Mid-spec: LG Lancet, Lumia 928, Lumia 822, HTC 8X, Lumia 73X (upcoming)

Do you think the 822 and 928 will continue to get updates? I have a friend interested in a VZW Windows Phone and he needs to buy outright. I was leaning him towards the 735, but if it ends up being out of his price range, I was gonna tell him to go with the Lancet. I really want him to experience Nokia/Microsoft devices, if possible, though.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the 822 and 928 will continue to get updates? I have a friend interested in a VZW Windows Phone and he needs to buy outright. I was leaning him towards the 735, but if it ends up being out of his price range, I was gonna tell him to go with the Lancet. I really want him to experience Nokia/Microsoft devices, if possible, though.
When it comes to Verizon Wireless and updates the situation is slightly finicky, no one can guarantee when they stop releasing it. For now I'm leaning towards one last major update to W10 being pushed by Verizon but I wouldn't hold my breath on any other future updates for the 822/928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes