10-02-2015 07:49 PM
294 ... 56789 ...
tools
    My request would be with this particular frustration with the 'photo' app. It's a lovely thing and its great that the tile alternates through a handful of pictures randomly, changing about daily. The problem is that once in a while the phone shows a really nice picture, one that I had forgotten about, my first reaction is 'oh let's see this again, let's see this bigger...' but of course you click on the thing and it simply get you to your pictures, with the most recent ones being shown. I'm not going to scroll to find the picture, I've got thousands and I don't know where it is...

So it would be nice that when you touched the tile and entered the app, you would have at the bottom the group that's being shown currently on the tile, and above that, all the photos in chronology like we have now.

Has any one run into this frustrating interaction with the photo app?
    pwrof3, Yazen and marx88xram like this.
    06-18-2015 06:50 PM
    My request would be with this particular frustration with the 'photo' app. It's a lovely thing and its great that the tile alternates through a handful of pictures randomly, changing about daily. The problem is that once in a while the phone shows a really nice picture, one that I had forgotten about, my first reaction is 'oh let's see this again, let's see this bigger...' but of course you click on the thing and it simply get you to your pictures, with the most recent ones being shown. I'm not going to scroll to find the picture, I've got thousands and I don't know where it is...

So it would be nice that when you touched the tile and entered the app, you would have at the bottom the group that's being shown currently on the tile, and above that, all the photos in chronology like we have now.

Has any one run into this frustrating interaction with the photo app?
    I would hate that. I would rather it would be an option to have it work that way. Just more and more customization's that can satisfy everyone. I'm probably going to suggest that in insider. If more people suggest it it may get there attention.
    marx88xram likes this.
    06-18-2015 07:12 PM
    Memory is the reason behind loading/resuming. Apps close after being minimized, and to reload, restoring the page you were previously on.

Newer apps do this less, and the Lumia 920 is faster than the 640.
    640 XL is more faster than 920, believe me I own both and speed improvement is very noticeable.
    Regards
    Yazen and Andrei Rinea like this.
    06-18-2015 08:09 PM
    Tell me how you think they should've done it then. Reachability is a pretty straightforward thing; it's hard NOT to copy that.

Besides, who cares? Companies are copying each others' ideas. So what. If anything, even if all the platforms have the same features and functionalities, Windows will STILL be different because of the Live Tiles.
    No, I'm on build 10136 on my 1520 right now, and I tried to like and use that reachability feature..but I find it a pain, to tap and hold the start button just to reach that freaking Hambutton, then tap and hold again to restore the view; when you could just get there with a simple swipe, which was now removed.
    Yazen and marx88xram like this.
    06-18-2015 08:19 PM
    640 XL is more faster than 920, believe me I own both and speed improvement is very noticeable.
    Regards
    Yeah I own both too lol. Have you flashed firmware (not OTA) to latest?
    Might breath life into your L920 xD

So weird...
    06-18-2015 08:32 PM
    Regards
    Yet I'm still seeing Resuming.... on 640 XL. In fact, I do see Resuming on a 1520 as well. The only difference is how fast it disappears / resume. Trust me, the Resuming thingy is the most frustrating thing on Windows Phone. It seems like every app will need to repaint themselves whenever they are being bring into focus. More like the OS fault than the devs.
    Yazen and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-18-2015 08:33 PM
    No, I'm on build 10136 on my 1520 right now, and I tried to like and use that reachability feature..but I find it a pain, to tap and hold the start button just to reach that freaking Hambutton, then tap and hold again to restore the view; when you could just get there with a simple swipe, which was now removed.
    This! Wouldn't it be better if they beefed up the ellipses menu instead?

Swipe from bottom edge anywhere in the OS. Consistent and does not conflict with panoramas
    ahumeniy and nukesheart1520 like this.
    06-18-2015 08:36 PM
    Yet I'm still seeing Resuming.... on 640 XL. In fact, I do see Resuming on a 1520 as well. The only difference is how fast it disappears / resume. Trust me, the Resuming thingy is the most frustrating thing on Windows Phone. It seems like every app will need to repaint themselves whenever they are being bring into focus. More like the OS fault than the devs.
    I agree, definitely the OS xD

In real world usage I feel like the Lumia 1520 is only marginally faster than the 920/925.

Seems like there should have been a WP 9 dedicated to streamlining and optimizing the OS
    06-18-2015 08:47 PM
    1.My LG G3 has dual screen capabilty, same as the Note 4.

2. I believe he/she wanna say is that there is no stop button to clear the queue/now playing list.
    Oh, I thought you meant like output on multiple monitors, my bad :p
    Seeing as none of the Microsoft Lumia devices have screen larger than 5", I don't think it would be very useful.
    Maybe if they launch 940 with 6" screen...

I see some people complaining about resuming screen.
    Honestly, I'd rather see resuming with the loading animation rather than simply empty, black screen (some older Android devices) or straight up freezing the whole UI while loading (iOS). Although it wouldn't hurt if microsoft can tweak it to speed things up.
    06-19-2015 01:09 AM
    Oh, I thought you meant like output on multiple monitors, my bad :p
    Seeing as none of the Microsoft Lumia devices have screen larger than 5", I don't think it would be very useful.
    Maybe if they launch 940 with 6" screen...

I see some people complaining about resuming screen.
    Honestly, I'd rather see resuming with the loading animation rather than simply empty, black screen (some older Android devices) or straight up freezing the whole UI while loading (iOS). Although it wouldn't hurt if microsoft can tweak it to speed things up.
    Problem is, why are we seeing Resuming when apps are supposed to be tome-stoned in the background?? I can understand you seeing empty black screen on Android which is a pretty heavy OS just like a PC. But why on Windows Phone, which is suppose to be much resource friendly as compared to Android, but we are seeing the Resuming message?? The only reason I can think of is because the apps UI are always being redrawn whenever they are being put to the foreground. Hence it is taking time and displaying the Resuming. The apps are not loading information or whatsoever because I see apps like Messenger refreshes the chats AFTER the Resuming message. What a joke man!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2015 01:36 AM
    Problem is, why are we seeing Resuming when apps are supposed to be tome-stoned in the background?? I can understand you seeing empty black screen on Android which is a pretty heavy OS just like a PC. But why on Windows Phone, which is suppose to be much resource friendly as compared to Android, but we are seeing the Resuming message?? The only reason I can think of is because the apps UI are always being redrawn whenever they are being put to the foreground. Hence it is taking time and displaying the Resuming. The apps are not loading information or whatsoever because I see apps like Messenger refreshes the chats AFTER the Resuming message. What a joke man!
    That because apps go into suspended mode once minimized.
    06-19-2015 02:26 AM
    It feels like Windows Phone 8.1 is still a "Beta OS"
    Andrei Rinea likes this.
    06-19-2015 04:49 AM
    1. Vertical swipes being mistaken as horizontal. Annoying when for example I'm browsing a forum app and suddenly it changes page.

2. You can't for example change the headphones volume if the headphones aren't connected.

3. The fact that they changed the way you move the cursor in text editing. IT WAS SO PERFECT BEFORE.
    06-19-2015 04:57 AM
    when you install apps from store it downloads one app then installs it
    why can't it download next one while installing app?
    06-19-2015 06:10 AM
    As a Lumia 625 user on 8.1:
    1. I miss the old photo gallery from WP8, where there was a big photo of yours in the background
    2. It would be cool if we could use a slide bar to change the brightness, because right now it`s limited to Automatic, Low, Medium and High.
    3. OneNote needs and update to be more like the desktop app, where you can draw or do more things, kinda like Apple did in IOS9
    4. "Resuming"
    5. Can't take pictures while filming
    6. Can't set another app as the default one (camera, music etc.)
    6. The call menu dissapears in the middle of the conversation and takes me to recent calls
    7. Music app: I would like to see the albums kinda like I see my photos, 3 in a row, arranged in collums (like iTunes)
    8. The ability to manage emails from Yahoo, Gmail etc. like you do in Outlook from Win10 (maybe there will be such thing in Win10 idk)
    9. MSN apps need visual updates, they are boring and useless right now (the weather one tho is decent)
    10. I cannot set a specific album of pictures to be seen on the live tile, but only All, One or Favorite Photos.
    11. I hate it that when I set 4:3 aspect ratio in the Microsoft Camera app (NOT the Lumia one) the image just seems to shrink because it has those black edges everywhere. If you compare it to the Lumia camera one, you will see that the image is smaller and it's frustrating.
    06-19-2015 06:23 AM
    For now the only issues with my WP are....
    1.) Shifting cursor while typing is a two-step process. Firstly the word gets highlighted and then tapping again reveals the cursor, unlike android.

2.) Ring + Vibrate.

3.) Double tap to wake is dependent on the IR sensor near ffc. If it does not work, then the double tap also won't work.

4.) Country-wise update rollout. There should have been a simultaneous mass distribution for updates.

And most importantly,
    5.) No way to install/sideload unlimited .appx files directly without the need for SD card and without connecting the phone to a PC.

6.) Cannot connect WP to PC as an external storage device.

7.) And other issues as stated by everyone else ;)

Btw, I have no issues with Action centre. It works as it should.
    Andrei Rinea likes this.
    06-19-2015 06:49 AM
    Cortana - be a personal assistant - Relay messages in the correct tense/context so I can talk to you like a person and you in turn relay the message as if I said it. Example: "Cortana, tell my wife to meet me at 5" -> texts wife "Meet me at 5" :: "Cortana, ask my wife if she wants Pizza or Steak" -> texts wife "Do you want pizza or steak?"
    oxe23 likes this.
    06-19-2015 09:16 AM
    Soon
    06-19-2015 09:50 AM
    when you install apps from store it downloads one app then installs it
    why can't it download next one while installing app?
    The new store does this. Unfortunately it does it verrryyyy slooowwwwlly.
    06-19-2015 09:57 AM
    1. I miss the old photo gallery from WP8, where there was a big photo of yours in the background
    2. It would be cool if we could use a slide bar to change the brightness, because right now it`s limited to Automatic, Low, Medium and High.
    3. OneNote needs and update to be more like the desktop app, where you can draw or do more things, kinda like Apple did in IOS9
    4. "Resuming"
    6. The call menu dissapears in the middle of the conversation and takes me to recent calls
    7. Music app: I would like to see the albums kinda like I see my photos, 3 in a row, arranged in collums (like iTunes)
    8. The ability to manage emails from Yahoo, Gmail etc. like you do in Outlook from Win10 (maybe there will be such thing in Win10 idk)
    9. MSN apps need visual updates, they are boring and useless right now (the weather one tho is decent)
    10. I cannot set a specific album of pictures to be seen on the live tile, but only All, One or Favorite Photos.
    11. I hate it that when I set 4:3 aspect ratio in the Microsoft Camera app (NOT the Lumia one) the image just seems to shrink because it has those black edges everywhere. If you compare it to the Lumia camera one, you will see that the image is smaller and it's frustrating.
    its getting there
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20150619_0005.png   wp_ss_20150619_0004.png   wp_ss_20150619_0003.png   wp_ss_20150619_0002.png  
    Deidalos likes this.
    06-19-2015 09:59 AM
    4. "Resuming"
    Add to this,

-I miss the old Cursor dragging. I can't see where the dang cursor is because my finger is in the way!

-When I start dialing, PLEASE start building names of people I might be dialing. Windows mobile 6 did this. Rap dialer was fine for WP7, but now it got feature heavy and still cant dial from the app.

-When I want to attach something to an email, it is not always a photo. It might be a PDF, or a .doc. Don't tout your phones for business if your features only support frivolity. Just let me attach any file.
    06-19-2015 09:59 AM
    Cortana asking "which one?" when you tell it to turn off the only alarm that is on... ggggrrrr....
    fluffyowl likes this.
    06-19-2015 01:17 PM
    K here's mine....
    EVERY ******* DAY at 3 a.m the phone restart to wipe dunno what....
    Yazen likes this.
    06-19-2015 02:18 PM
    I agree on the live tiles... and who is the worst offender???? CORTANA! Cortana will tell me a game for one of my favorite teams is "LIVE" but to see the score, I have to click on her and open Cortana to see the score. The whole point of tiles is to get info without opening the app and she goes against that sentiment.
    oxe23 likes this.
    06-19-2015 04:30 PM
    You know when the system is awesome when the dumb things are really dumb and ridiculous.

Great job MS, now people have to claim about stupid things that all operational system have...
    06-19-2015 07:48 PM
294 ... 56789 ...