How do I (easily) downgrade to WP 8 from 8.1?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to purchase an older model WP8 phone, maybe an HTC 8X or an 925. These came with WP 8 installed and were upgraded gradually to 8.1 (if not even to 10) but I want to use it with WP 8 only.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to find a new in box (NOS) and will have to resort to a used one. If it's been updated to 8.1 how can I go back to WP 8?

If its a Nokia I know people used to use the Nokia(MS) Software ReCovery Tool but since Nokia's servers are history I don't think this is viable way..

Still possible?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to purchase an older model WP8 phone, maybe an HTC 8X or an 925. These came with WP 8 installed and were upgraded gradually to 8.1 (if not even to 10) but I want to use it with WP 8 only.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to find a new in box (NOS) and will have to resort to a used one. If it's been updated to 8.1 how can I go back to WP 8?

If its a Nokia I know people used to use the Nokia(MS) Software ReCovery Tool but since Nokia's servers are history I don't think this is viable way..

Still possible?

It should be using nokia software updater 4.3.2

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
It should be using nokia software updater 4.3.2

Don't know about htc or about the shutdown of the servers

[FONT=&quot]Bad news for [/FONT]Symbian[FONT=&quot]/[/FONT]Nokia[FONT=&quot] phone users! Microsoft finally closed down support for Symbian OS and related Nokia services effective from January 1, 2016. This includes the official support softwares, updates and Nokia firmware repository. Most Nokia sites and download links are either offline now or are redirecting to Microsoft sites, for example [/FONT]discussions.nokia.com[FONT=&quot] now redirects to [/FONT]answers.microsoft.com[FONT=&quot]. Microsoft support pages have been updated with this info (as you can see in the screenshot below). This is not unexpected as Microsoft declared it wayback in 2012 when they took over Nokia devices and services division. Due to this change many older Nokia related services and softwares have stopped working. [/FONT]Navifirm, Nokia Care Suite, Nokia Suite, Nokia PC Suite, Nokia Software Updater, Nokia Software Recovery Tool[FONT=&quot] (NSRT) and all such software have been affected by this blackout. So in simple words these softwares can not be used now to download firmware files for your good old Nokia (Symbian) phone. However most of these can be used to flash Nokia phones provided you already have the firmware files.[/FONT]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes