Do you people want android apps on windows phone?

a-Tree

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I can see why they would be tempted and I'd be amazed if they hadn't discussed it at length. Think about it, the main reason people wont switch from one OS to another is the apps - they're an investment. Take that gap away and you'll probably sell more, but the tradeoff is the loss of control and individuality.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I can see why they would be tempted and I'd be amazed if they hadn't discussed it at length. Think about it, the main reason people wont switch from one OS to another is the apps - they're an investment. Take that gap away and you'll probably sell more, but the tradeoff is the loss of control and individuality.

Why would anyone want to buy an Android app launcher that runs things in a virtualized environment when they can just go buy an Android? I don't think I would.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I actually don't think this is true for the general population, but rather that of an image that is created only by the tech journalists and a handful of geeks. We've all heard the statistics that on average most people only uses about 20 apps on their smartphones (and how many of these are actually system apps? If you take away email, browser, music, photos, camera and the standard social media apps it leaves surprisngly little for 3rd party apps), taking into considering that most smartphones apps are either free or cost about 2 to 5 bucks, I don't believe people care so much about some 40 dollars (I'm being VERY generous here with the spending) worth of "investment". I think familiarity and the fear of making a wrong choice is the much bigger and self-fufilling factor and that is even harder to break out of than the "lack of apps" angle. I don't know how many times I've seen relatives and friends buying yet another Android or iPhone because the other relatives or their husband/wife or BFF uses one, despite I know full well that they don't buy *any* apps at all and only use some popular IM apps like Whatsapp or LINE (which are all free anyway on all platforms) and Facebook. It's the comfort of knowing that someone else could help/teach them when something happens that makes these people "go with the flow" so to speak. The other point about "making the wrong choice" is similar, if people aren't into tech gadgets then they don't want to be different to their friends due to social pressure etc. All these just feeds a negative spiral and is very difficult to break out of.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Its a terrible idea and if its the case why does ms not spend billions and get iphone apps on there as well. If ms do put android apps on there they just as well give up as it will over run windows and wp. I for one if they do put them on there I'm out of here apple come take my money as I cant have a phone that will probably get a virus or even 1000's of just total s*#t apps on it.
I'm just saying developers aren't developing for WP and it seems like they really don't want too, I personally could care less about apps, its just those people that always bring up the app situation are annoying as f?ck!

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm just saying developers aren't developing for WP and it seems like they really don't want too, I personally could care less about apps, its just those people that always bring up the app situation are annoying as f?ck!

Developers aren't developing... Then how does WP app store count grow... Magic?

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
No, I have an Android tablet and there's no way I want my phone filling up with crap and malware. Android aps are a pain, some work with one device and not another or don't work with every version of Android or download malware and popups. I don't want any of that hassle on my WP.
If it were IOS apps, then I wouldn't mind so much.
But I don't really see the need, the only thing I miss on WP is a decent Facebook app and an app that will allow me to edit selected parts of a photo.

McClamor

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
What I truly think about the whole idea is Google would be the winner over Microsoft, eventually!

This movement and this step taken by Microsoft would bring a lot of damage to Windows Phone Operating System. People wanted to enjoy the experience of windows phone. That's why me - myself - bought a Lumia Phone.. Any chance of ruining this experience will drag MS to hell, I mean it.

If I went along with MS just because of the clean UI Microsoft represent and suddenly Microsoft decided to bring other apps from another OS whatever this OS is.. The whole experience will take-off.

The bottom line is:
WE WANT WP BECAUSE WE LOVE ITS NATIVE APPS THANKS TO WP UI.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What I truly think about the whole idea is Google would be the winner over Microsoft, eventually!

This movement and this step taken by Microsoft would bring a lot of damage to Windows Phone Operating System. People wanted to enjoy the experience of windows phone. That's why me - myself - bought a Lumia Phone.. Any chance of ruining this experience will drag MS to hell, I mean it.

If I went along with MS just because of the clean UI Microsoft represent and suddenly Microsoft decided to bring other apps from another OS whatever this OS is.. The whole experience will take-off.

The bottom line is:
WE WANT WP BECAUSE WE LOVE ITS NATIVE APPS THANKS TO WP UI.

google will never truly own the market,apple and microsoft quality etc is much better and people have come to see googles spying motives etc

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not. Firstly there would undoubtedly be configuration issues and it would just make WP look even worse. Second, it would shake the confidence of their current users and any potential adopters because it makes them look like they don't believe in their own product.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If it happens, great. If it doesn't, oh well. I don't have the almost misguided allegiance with WP/MS that I would lose mind over this.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone want to buy an Android app launcher that runs things in a virtualized environment when they can just go buy an Android? I don't think I would.
I want Windows Phone for the built in feature and looks
But I also want to use iOS or Android apps. Just like the peoples in Crackberry, if they can bring the native apps, it's preferred. But there's none.

As for the unified interface, I can't find the keywords, but didn't WPCentral posted an editorial long time ago defending Windows Phone developers' "creativity" and "freedom" to make apps that are not "confined" by the looks of the rest of the phone ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6