WP8, Im ready to take the plunge!

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It literally has everything I asked for in WP! Higher res, memory, dual core, seems apps are coming along nicely, hopefully WP8 has a bunch of software enchantments that they haven't said yet. I love my iPhone and will keep it as well but this is what I have been waiting for!

Lets just hope more people start to give WP a try!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Heck yeah, I'm ready! I honestly wasn't expecting expandable storage so I was pleasantly surprised. Huge news. I can't wait to see the hardware!

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Heck yeah, I'm ready! I honestly wasn't expecting expandable storage so I was pleasantly surprised. Huge news. I can't wait to see the hardware!

**** yea! One of my biggest complaints was 16gb only, that just would NOT cut it for me, I need at least 32gb up, now with MicroSD all I need is a 32gb card.......or 64gb!! o_0

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
**** yea! One of my biggest complaints was 16gb only, that just would NOT cut it for me, I need at least 32gb up, now with MicroSD all I need is a 32gb card.......or 64gb!! o_0
Seriously. Until this day I was considering switching to iOS in the fall, but not anymore. I got what I hoped from the announcement: a feeling that I can safely stay with WP ;)

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. Until this day I was considering switching to iOS in the fall, but not anymore. I got what I hoped from the announcement: a feeling that I can safely stay with WP ;)

I actually tried a while back to go to WP7 with the lumia 800 and couldnt do it, for hardware and software reasons, Im not saying i'll give up my iPhone, I have too much invested in it and love it but I want another phone on the side, either Android or WP, looks like WP is gonna be my pick.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually tried a while back to go to WP7 with the lumia 800 and couldnt do it, for hardware and software reasons, Im not saying i'll give up my iPhone, I have too much invested in it and love it but I want another phone on the side, either Android or WP, looks like WP is gonna be my pick.
To that I say that you made the right pick going WP8. Android will feel pain from this one in the long term. Trust me.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention they said that they were talking mostly about platform features and not the all of the end user features.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
But Still Nothing about Notifications, or a Notification Center Though...
Nothing...yet. They specifically said they wouldn't DISCUSS a lot of the end user features. They're saving that for a later date. That's a good plan. They don't want Android or iOS copying the good stuff so easily.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nothing...yet. They specifically said they wouldn't DISCUSS a lot of the end user features. They're saving that for a later date. That's a good plan. They don't want Android or iOS copying the good stuff so easily.

Which will be greeted with much bowing and scraping from sites like the verge who will proclaim that their favourite OS did it first and will ALWAYS forget to mention that same feature when doing a WP review.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
While I'm definitely leaving iOS due to the fact that I've grown sick of Apple's business practices, I'll be moving to Android next as I've pre-ordered the Galaxy S III. However, I will be looking long and hard at WP8 when more details are released and would not hesitate to switch if it wows me. Just like others, I'm stoked by what was revealed today and will wait (im)patiently to see how the user experience is enhanced.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not ready until I see a kick *** phone. Current phones are weaksauce

I have to agree, though my contract for the Big Red is out in October and I'll never have another cell phone again until I can start paying for my own... as it stands there really isn't a phone that says "THROW YOUR MONEY AT ME"... The L900 had that glimmer, but now with WP8 and the new hardware infrastructure... Just got to see the next generation phones.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad there's some positivity.

I think to many people read between the lines and hear what they don't want to hear re the WP7.8 news and then get to worked up about it. WP8 will be great, it along with all the other things comming like W8. Personally I'm looking forward to getting a kick *** WP8 phone, tablet and uprading my laptop to W8 and have one uniform experience between them all.

As for WP7.8, well I am sure that it will have as many features as the current platform and hardware will support. I believe it will still be a feature rich device and can still hold it's own amongst it's competitors, just have to wait for MS to reveal all.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft can sell me on the home screen when I see it in person, yes please. If not, they better give me back my offset tiles.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
you're perfectly fine. you can change the homescreen size
I find the small tiles to be too small, while the medium tiles are now too big (as they stretch across the whole screen). I'm going to have to be convinced that a chaotic layout of small, medium and large will work out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes