Will you switch to WP - mashable poll.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You don't like your RAZR? I actually wanted one. Was pissed when they announced the maxx two months after the release but was more pissed for people that got locked into that upgrade

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You don't like your RAZR? I actually wanted one. Was pissed when they announced the maxx two months after the release but was more pissed for people that got locked into that upgrade

Believe me. More people are pissed with Moto than with Obama.
Moto doesn't unlock its bootloaders for some reason. So very little dev activity. And that means u have to spend ur life by the window holding the phone up, waiting for an "official" update by Moto.

But it has improved a lil now. But very little as compared to other, ahem, Samsung devices.

But I'm done with Android. And eventually with Moto.

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Believe me. More people are pissed with Moto than with Obama.
Moto doesn't unlock its bootloaders for some reason. So very little dev activity. And that means u have to spend ur life by the window holding the phone up, waiting for an "official" update by Moto.

But it has improved a lil now. But very little as compared to other, ahem, Samsung devices.

But I'm done with Android. And eventually with Moto.

Sent from my DROID RaZr.
What makes you want to move away from android?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
What makes you want to move away from android?

One word clutter. Heaps and heaps of icons, is super fast only on the top. Try doing 3 tasks at one time and there..shows its real self. Lags and stutters.
Also...flashing every ROM everyday takes soooo much of my time. And even then the system refuses to fly.

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
1300+ users will switch to WP following the Lumia 920 announcement. It seems grim to us...
How is that grim? What's grim is the numbers there will not translate into real world stats in any meaningful way, but that's just a consequence of how online polls work.

anarchyfs

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Happy with my fully featured android device for now. Will keep a keen eye out on WP8 further developments. It all looks promising though.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably so.

Either
2783.Lumias_2D00_1_5F00_432F8129.jpg

Or

5100.IMG_5F00_5522_5F00_06A47A66.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll switch to Lumia from Symbian Belle. Hope other people switching to Lumia are also coming from other OS and not just changing OEM inside the Microsoft Ecosystem.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
1300+ users will switch to WP following the Lumia 920 announcement. It seems grim to us and a cold announcement but probably it is not for other non techy users.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/06/buy-windows-phone/

56% will have WP as their next phone.

What will be yours?

I know we do have a thread and a poll of something similar but Mashable Poll will be for everyone outside WPC forums too - so our votes might negate the influx of iSheeps and keep it less biased?
Les r?sultats sont biais? puisque la question se retrouve sur un article qui met en valeur Windows Phone et vous savez tr?s bien que c'est des amateurs de WP qui regarde le plus ces articles...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia not only gives a *Fword* about its customers, it also gives $100 when they Fword up! :p

You couldn't get the customer support that Nokia gives, from any other company. Probably Apple? :dry

Haxcid

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My co-worker is on AT&T and he had an iPhone, then Microsoft gave us some dev phones to test lync client and he switched and now he is hooked. He is a converted fan boy. He cannot wait for the Lumia 920. I myself am a Verizon customer and I really hope they get a 920 that is not overly loaded down with Verizon bloatware. I have had 2 android phones over the past 5 years and I am ready to convert. I love the eco-system MS is putting in place. I am tired of having to root my phone to tinker with it to get a smooth experience. I am really tired of all the little quirks in Android. I would like to make a call and have the screen reliably not go black and unresponsive so I have to pull the battery to end the call.
WP8 for me!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to hang on to my L900 for awhile, since I'm in contract.

I'll eventually get a WP8, probably another Nokia maybe around April 2013. The L920 does look sweet.

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to switch from android to WP but I don't know which phone I'll get.
The problem is that I really like the L800 form factor and the look of it i in cyan, but as we all know it can't be upgraded.
What I would really like is the 920 specs in the 800 body, except the screen size of course. :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes